Notices

Trying Again

Old 08-24-2011, 12:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Excellent!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Well, am now 36 hours without alcohol. Couldn't sleep at all last night, and when I did manage a few minutes I kept having horrific nightmares! I am feeling exhausted this morning but pleased that I made it through Day 1. No sign of any more serious withdrawal symtoms yet and blood pressure has been fairly constant. Will try to get on as normally as possible today and may fix a trip to the gym. Best wishes to all others in these very first few hours and days of a sober life.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
instant

Deep Blue
I am so glad you are making positive steps for your future. It can be difficult in that first week but keep posting.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~sb

Congrats, deepblue! Wise decision!!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi DeepBlue! Welcome back to SR! I can relate to what you are saying. Last year, I had 80 days sober and the year before that I had about 30 days sober. When I returned to drinking after each of these periods of sobriety, I noticed that I began to drink more than I did before I had quit. That really helped to confirm that I was indeed an alcoholic. I was gradually getting worse and worse. When I stopped drinking during those periods, I did it on pure will power alone and I now realize that that does not work for me. I signed up to SR to ask questions and some people here recommended that I go to AA. Well I've taken their advice and now attend AA meetings. AA really helps me to keep on track and it is good to know that there are people out the who are just like me. Have you considered going to AA? If not, I highly recommend that you give it a shot. It appears to be working for me. Good luck to you and welcome back!!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks FHB1 - I can relate to what you say about getting worse after each quit. Like you, that "progression" has proven to me that I am indeed alcoholic- and should never drink again. I have though about AA but the nearest meeting to me is not that local which is why I am trying again with SR. But I will look into again because it seems to really work for some people. Thanks for your suggestion
Old 08-25-2011, 01:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

OK - coming up to 60 hrs now. Slept a little better last night. Day 2 was really hard in terms of cravings but strangely I am on a high this morning. It is as if I have been rewarded for staying strong. Does that principle work for the rest of my recovery? I hope so.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
instant

One step in front of the other and cradle your hope.