Notices

Just some general ramblings...today is day 5

Old 08-21-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Beating this demon for GOOD

Just some general ramblings...today is day 5

morning all,

Well afternoon here. I could NOT get to sleep last night to save my life, it felt like there were bugs crawling on me, honest to god!! Could this be a mild case of DT's? I don't know, i only know I was slapping at myself and itching like crazy, and finally crashed on my living room couch with the ac going, where I was finally able to fall into a deep sleep.

Also yesterday, while waiting to give my order in the drive through for ice coffee, it looked like the bush near the order speaker was undulating, honest, I am not making this up! I chalked that up to the same, possible mild dt's as my mind feels pretty clear for the first time in quite a while.

I also attended a speaker's meeting yesterday morning and evening with my fellow AA'er, who is a neighbor I give rides to (he lost his license in Jan. on a DUI and lives one street over from me). It works out great for both of us, as we are helping each other and having some great talks along the way.

I did read a lot of the Big Book in bed before this "itching/bug" thing got too bad, and I also got on my knees and prayed to my HP (which in my case is God). I cried my eyes out and asked Him to forgive me, but also to told Him I put this in His hands, as I cannot possibly do it alone.

Even though I am doing all that I know I am supposed to do, some of it sometimes feels fake, like I am just going through the motions and not really "feeling it." So many have talked of the "pink cloud", conversion spiritually, when does this happen?

I am thinking to myself and this is sad, the very last time the sober me was extremely excited (besides my daughter's birth) about something, was being kissed by my first love. I want to feel that happiness, joy and excitement again, and am starting to wonder if I ever will be able to sober. And no I don't mean being kissed again (well in the distant future maybe, well after I have worked on me) but that innocent happiness and excitement I felt. It's so foreign to me and I wonder if I will ever feel it again.

Is any of this normal??
Old 08-21-2011, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes! I had the itchy/bug thing (had almost forgotten about that) and the sort of hallucinating thing. I was rather crazy the first week or so - but it all, every bit of it - went away with time. I wish I'd kept a diary, because most of that insanity is easily forgotten once we begin to heal. Yet I do want to always remember what I put myself through. Never again.

Overall, you sound very upbeat and positive - I'm so happy for you. Yes you will have those lovely, sober experiences again. Why did we think we needed to get numb to enjoy life? (As for the pink cloud, I did not experience that. ) Thanks for a great post.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Man, for a few days I was seeing bugs, cats, people, hearing stuff--major visual and auditory hallucinations! I'm all better now, or am I? :-) Keep with it, it will normalize and even the craziness is worth the payoff. If you're still bothered you can check with your doctor.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, and do not feel alone. I saw dancing spider-webs all over my walls and undulating draperies. I actually tried to wipe away the spider webs, but there were none. Scary thought, huh? Anyway, I never want to go back there, any detox could be fatal.

Everyone kept telling me these things will pass.....and they did. I am only 21 days clean and sober, but things are looking better each and every day. Keep going to meetings and keep posting.

Good luck
Old 08-21-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Although it seems it's pretty common, anyone having any auditory visual or sensory hallucinations really would be best off seeing a Dr, I think - it may be common but that's not the same as normal.

Your call of course, Need.

I did not experience a pink cloud - I found my early days of recovery to be rather empty to be honest...but I trusted the people here who assured me it would get better...and it really did.

I wouldn't swap my life now for anything

D
Old 08-21-2011, 06:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had the itchies too - it was only one night, but I couldn't for the life of me work out what was going on. I felt pretty jumpy with it - I'd just start dropping off and it would come back. Hideous sweats as well for a couple of nights.

Now I'm pleased to say, those things are but a distant memory.

You are doing GREAT!!