Notices

Darkest before Light?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Darkest before Light?

Man I had a three week stretch where I felt like crap. I definately had a check list of things to do. Everything was miserable. I am starting to feel better now. I made sure I put an egg in the basket every day (even if that egg was just not drinking) I just want to let people know that continue to strengthen your faith, your love, your spirit, and it will turn around.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for this message and reminder. It came at a very appropriate time for me. I am glad to hear that things have begun to turn around for you and you are starting to feel better. Keep on keeping on!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can relate. I think we all have our moments, be it a day, a week or a month, where things seem to build up and we just don't "feel it."

But as you said, if we do something, no matter how small, every day, it will resolve.

Thanks for the reminder.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Mcribb. Sorry for the pain you've been in. It definitely was darkest before the light in my case! I'd been a heavy drinker all my life, but in the end my binges were very dangerous. Each one brought me closer to destruction. I hope I'll always remember those last horrible days - so I'll never tempt fate again.

I'm glad the sun's starting to come out for you. You have hope, and that's everything. You can do it this time - no more insanity.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you are coming out of a bad patch...forward is the correct direction for sure...