Notices

1 day at a time

Old 08-18-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 day at a time

Sounds so Cliche... Anyways I had a really bad night last night. I was really overcome with anxiety. Alot of it is fear of detoxing and feeling terrible. But I feel terrible when I drink so its kinda funny to me to be so anxious. I couldn't sleep and let my fears just overwhelm me and to top it off I had to get my husband from the bar....... I've decided Im gonna work on me and hopefully I can resist when he drinks being his buddy. I felt really tired today but I also felt good and tonight I feel great and less anxious. I just got to keep telling myself I am worth it and can do this!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are worth it and you can do it and the focus must be on you and your sobriety. Detoxing often is fearful and anxiety filled. I know I was during my detox. As good as I feel now, and as positive as I feel now I still have some fearful and anxious flashbacks. What all are you doing to help your detox and what plans do you have to support your sobriety? My best to you in your efforts.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was all over the place emotionally, too. It got a little better each day, as you're finding out. Yes, you definitely can do this and have a wonderful, free life.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I started tapering off, like drinking a 1/2 pint a day to 3 shots to 2 shots then 1 now none. Part of my problem is I have Anxiety and panic disorder already so it just fuels the fire.....Im just going to try to remain positive and focus on me and my kids and hope my husband follows suite.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi outacontrol!, You are not alone! I have serious anxiety and panic disorder as well. I was using alcohol to drown my fears, but it was only making things worse. Now that I am committed to being sober, I have to face my anxiety head on and I'll be the first to admit, it scares the heck out of me! I am on day 8 of sobriety and didn't sleep a wink last night - nervous thoughts were looping endlessly in my head. But, this morning I am not hung over, and don't have any guilt about how I behaved last night etc., so that is just one less thing to worry about. I notice that with each sober day, I feel better little by little. Sure my anxiety isn't going to be cured overnight, but not drinking is a big step towards getting to the root of the problem. Just take it day by day and realize that you are not alone. Keep up the good work!!