Notices

Positive experience

Old 08-07-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Positive experience

Last night I went to AA for the first time, I really enjoyed it. A lady there spoke about all her experiences as an alcoholic and I could relate a lot to what she was saying. It was a great speech. It felt good to be around people going through similar experiences. Some people there were new as well. I exchanged phone numbers with a few girls, it will be good for me to start having some new girl friends as I don't really have any that don't drink, now is a good time to start. It was a different kind of way to spend my Saturday night, rather than sitting at home alone being depressed and being tempted to drink. I'll get myself to another one this week so I can get out there and meet some new friends and listen to more stories. This was a really hard first step but I am happy that I did it and hope to meet some more nice people. I know this is something I can't get through alone and it was reassuring to hear from people that I don't have to be alone while getting through all of this. I am trying to be optimistic and there's no doubt it's hard to be optimistic when life seems to be falling apart around me at the same time.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Awesome! I drank daily, I go to meetings daily.

Keep coming back!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great. Its always good to hear positive experiences on SR. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you had such a positive experience! Good for you!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great news!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone there is a big aa conference this weekend with guest speakers, a banquet and a dance and I am really excited to go to it... Hoping this is a start to turning my life around.