Notices

I got the job

Old 07-26-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What's up, Ip? PM me if you don't want to share on this post. I'll be on for a while and will get back to you. x
Old 07-27-2011, 05:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Newwings,

I don't want to complain. It's just I was so excited about my life getting back together and this new job. I called my sister and told her about it. It was 3 minutes of "great job sis" to an hour of her complaining about everything non stop. I do have my issues and do get down but I tend to look at things more positive. It was positively draining. Then my friend proceeded to tell me that I do not have the job until I start working. My tract record isn't good. I have burnt all of my bridges. My career is on the line. I need to get back out there and still look. Its not enough that I got an offer letter. I am not totally recovered. I have wasted all my time not looking for a job (which I did look). Just everything negative you could possibly imagine. I let it bother me for awhile but then I prayed and thought, it is not up to someone else or myself. My success is only going to be possible by my HP. He will give me the strength to work hard and pull through this. I wish I could surround myself with positive people with "good" things to say. That is why I come here. Thank you for your concern
Old 07-27-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You are doing great great, Ip. Things are on their way up, and you are starting to reap the rewards of your hard work on your sobriety journey. I've had quite a few people who can't quite believe that I've quit drinking, and whilst I haven't had the best track record in terms of sticking to what I intend to do, this time I'm serious. Give everyone a bit of time to get used to the fact you are going to do this, and that you fully intend for your life to do a 180.

That criticism from your friend must have stung...but YOU know where you are heading, and it's good. Stick with it and let it roll off you. I am so pleased for you that you got this job. You are going to ROCK IT!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newwings View Post
You are doing great great, Ip. Things are on their way up, and you are starting to reap the rewards of your hard work on your sobriety journey. I've had quite a few people who can't quite believe that I've quit drinking, and whilst I haven't had the best track record in terms of sticking to what I intend to do, this time I'm serious. Give everyone a bit of time to get used to the fact you are going to do this, and that you fully intend for your life to do a 180.

That criticism from your friend must have stung...but YOU know where you are heading, and it's good. Stick with it and let it roll off you. I am so pleased for you that you got this job. You are going to ROCK IT!
I guess I shouldn't expect them to have much faith in me right now. I know in my heart this is going to be it for good. I am doing all the right things this time. I so appreciate your kind words. Means a lot to have someone rooting for you. I read somewhere that alcoholics speak a language only they can understand. I get that. Non addicts do not live in our skin. They will never truly understand what we are going through even if they try. That is why SR and AA is so important. Takes a drunk to know a drunk. We ARE going to do this aren't we?

HUGS!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

YES, WE ARE!!! We ARE going to do this. I've got no choice not to..and the longer I go, the more I want it.

And you are right about we alcoholics talk a language only we understand. My drinking made no sense to anyone but me. Concerns expressed by others were ignored or brushed off, since the 'normal' drinker's language made no sense to me, either.

Glad you are getting the support on here and in AA, Ip. We CAN do this alone, but we don't have to, that's the beauty of it. I'm making more connections now I'm sober than I have done in many years, and they are meaningful. Well worth it.

Hugs back!!!