Notices

Yes, I'm Sad For Amy Winehouse, BUT...

Old 07-25-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Though I am not a huge fan, Eminem is far more influential,innovative, contributed more to music and was under just as big a microscope if not bigger and he chose to get straight.
I say this as I've heard way too many "oh she was under the microscope of the media, it was too hard for her..." excuses.

Again, I think it's terrible when anybody that young dies for any reason but if she really wanted the help she had more resources than most people do at her disposal.

I am of the belief that if you want anything bad enough you can achieve it.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I don't think Amy ever totally gave herself to recovery, for a couple of reasons, even though she had some rehab. I'm not blaming her for it, she had a sickness, and was in denial about her own condition, how bad it really was. You can't make someone get help if they can't see their own problem. Unfortunately, this is the very sad outcome.

Recovery is totally possible, I'm in my second year, no regrets. It's not perfect but that's life, life is about having experiences so that you can become who you are. I know I always have to be careful, can never safely drink again, but I'll take being sober quite happily.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlDorado View Post
Though I am not a huge fan, Eminem is far more influential,innovative, contributed more to music and was under just as big a microscope if not bigger and he chose to get straight.
I say this as I've heard way too many "oh she was under the microscope of the media, it was too hard for her..." excuses.

Again, I think it's terrible when anybody that young dies for any reason but if she really wanted the help she had more resources than most people do at her disposal.

I am of the belief that if you want anything bad enough you can achieve it.
I'm sure she knew what help was out there for her - and just didn't want it bad enough. While she may have chosen to drink and drug, she also chose not to stop. No excuses - that's just the way things happen sometimes.

My sympathies also go out to her family.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
On my way....

I think it could have been any of us, I will not judge her. I'm not a fan of her music, but I did happen to watch her last concert in Belgrade a month ago on youtube. She looked miserable, she looked tortured. There's a chance that in the future she would have been ready to lay it all down, she just hadn't yet reached that point, I can't speculate on what might have happened, but I know that at any time in the last decade it could have been me. I made some stupid, possibly deadly decisions over and over in my drinking/using career.....it's only by God's grace that he gave me the power and want to change....and even still it isn't easy and I still faltered many times even after wanting to stop. People may have said the same of me in the last few years, but the truth is that I wanted to change but the desire to change wasn't yet outweighed by the desire to drink/use. I wish she could have found her way before these tragic consequences...but, alas, death beat her to the punch. It could have been any of us.