Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

My mom's journal during my father's last stint at rehab (long)

Notices

My mom's journal during my father's last stint at rehab (long)

Old 07-02-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

How inspiring! Thank you for posting!

It's hard to get real, but it feels good to let it all out and you really are helping so many of us! I try to share my stories when I can just to hope that maybe someday I can help even one person think about not using once or having that one drink, and you did that for me today!

It's crazy how much our parents can influence our drug/alcohol abuse, of course there's those lucky ones that never abuse, god bless them, but in my case it happened to me too.

My father has "major pain issues" so he's been on pain meds since I was born, and he mine as well have a morphine drip with the amount of meds he's taking these days. I'm so new in my sobriety, 6/3/11, that I can't even go to my parents house because my dads so high he nods off and has pill bottles everywhere. I'm like a diabetic in a candy store, can't do it...but anyway even though I've seen him be so distant and angry, violent, which I'm sure is from the drugs I still chose to use.

He used to drink heavily on top of the meds, which was VERY scary as a child, but the doc threatened to take his meds away so he slowed down...

But It didn't stop me from using.

Thanks to SR I'm sober today! And humbled by your story thank you!

Last edited by Roosiedoll; 07-02-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Typo