Notices

Beer at office frig now

Old 06-07-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beer at office frig now

At the office I work at they supply food/snacks and energy drinks in the frig for everyone. It's general a normal thing you see at an office but now I'm seeing beer too. Yuengling was the brand which is not one of my favorite beers to drink but not the point. They had 12 bottles at the being of the day and now it down to 3. None of the people where I work around drank the beer but found it weird that they had beer in the frig. Not too worry about it and it does not effects me when I'm in the frig to get my food but found it odd to have alcohol when people would be 100% sober on the job.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You must've missed that Memo.
And obviously they don't do random drug testing.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is no the first time I have heard of this, alcohol in the workplace...but gosh I dont think an employer is setting a good example for their staff. And what on earth it does to productivity I can only begin to imagine!

I did have a colleague who swore he worked far better after a beer or 2, I would only shrug and tell him he certainly got more "passionate" about his opinions!!!!!!!

Good on you Action for staying away from the beer.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My former office had wine in the fridge for when clients dropped by after hours, and my brother works at a big law firm that has a KEG in the closet for when employees work after hours--it's an incentive to get them to bill more hours. Talk about counterproductive! This is the culture we live in and it certainly doesn't support a healthy lifestyle.

And glad you don't like the brand
Old 06-07-2011, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can understand having the beer after work but having it on work time is confusing. More so because I think it's for the sale rep that talks to clients over the phone. I know having one beer would not hurt but it's not the 80s anymore and doing coke is uncool now(Joking about coke. Just said to refen. about 80s culture.)

The owner is from California so things are different on the west coast.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Alcohol in the middle of the day always made me sleepie I'm curious whether this will be a new trend or if this was a one time deal...everywhere I've worked its happened on rare occasions...but every day would be strange!