Notices

My Pink Cloud

Old 06-04-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Pink Cloud

Well. I've actually thought about asking people to define "pink cloud." But I think I will try and you can let me know if I'm on track.

It's a feeling of elation for no good reason. It's a slight tingle all over because I'm rested and my blood is pumping healthy oxygen all over.

It's a face that falls to rest in a slight smile rather than a grimmace.

It's a general sense of well-being that makes facing even life's more odious challenges less terrifying.

I'm traditionally quite afraid, but that seems to be ending. I'm alone today (generally hard for me, but I'm just fine with it).

And I could not have done it if not for SR. Why?

Because it is critical to hear others' stories.
It is critical to write about my own experiences.
It is critical to be forgiven by SOMEONE--even if they weren't involved.
It is critical to forgive others--for their good.
Unconditional love is like oxygen, and there are people on here who dole it out with shovels.

I'm beginning to unfold. I'm beginning to become who I am.

I'm so excited.

Thank you SR! Whose idea was this? My God. Who thought of this?
Old 06-04-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Missy, outstanding post. Thanks. My pink cloud is tinged with gray right now and I'm angry and sad and depressed because I want the dang thing back. :-( I'm glad you have it, Honey! Way to go....
Old 06-04-2011, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had alot of pink cloud days in the beginning and then alot of black cloud days for awhile. It gets so much better though, Missy. Today I'm alone also and my only plan for the day was to go to The Farmer's Market. I did that bright and early, felt great, and enjoyed talking with the vendors. Last year I was always hung over and blurry eyed and couldn't enjoy it except to find something greasy to eat to try to get rid of how horrid I felt. I just got back from the greenhouse where I bought more flowers for my very lovely garden which I'm taking care of this year. I browsed for a long time and it was over 90 degrees but I didn't feel dizzy, naseous and on the verge of a panic attack because I wasn't hungover.

Tonite I'm doing dinner and a movie with my daughter. Last year I would have slammed three glasses of wine during dinner and checked my watch the entire time I was at the movie to see when I could get out of there and have my next drink. On second thought, I would never go to movies in the evening because that would have interfered with my drinking and God forbid, I couldn't give that up!

From reading your posts, I think we have alot of commonalities and if I can do this, I know you can too. Four months have gone by quickly but I would be lying if I didn't admit that I'm lonely at times without my best friend, Cabernet, and all I thought she had to offer. But, she was never a friend anyway and the aftermath of drinking filled me with guilt and shame and was ruining my life. I like this new me and she's here to stay...I wish that for you too.

Hang in there...we are always here to encourage you when you succeed but more importantly, pick you up when you fall.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
It's a feeling of elation for no good reason.

It's a slight tingle all over because I'm rested and my blood is pumping healthy oxygen all over.

It's a face that falls to rest in a slight smile rather than a grimmace.
I think you're on the right track, MI7. Or, at least, your pink cloud description resonates w/me.

At my cloud's highest altitude (i.e. 1st few weeks of sobriety), I was so weepy. Good...ahem...manly weepy, mind you, but weepy. The tears fell from an overwhelming sense of relief, hope, and thankfulness I didn't have to live "that way" anymore.

I'm excited for you.

It keeps getting better.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
I think you're on the right track, MI7. Or, at least, your pink cloud description resonates w/me.

At my cloud's highest altitude (i.e. 1st few weeks of sobriety), I was so weepy. Good...ahem...manly weepy, mind you, but weepy. The tears fell from an overwhelming sense of relief, hope, and thankfulness I didn't have to live "that way" anymore.

I'm excited for you.

It keeps getting better.

Amen to that!! I feel the same way. And at 18 months, I still float on a 'pink cloud' most days just knowing my life is so much better sober.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

Our brains are getting used to not being soaked in a volatile solvent

Once the toxin is removed the natural resilience of the organism is again allowed to flourish....................LOL

Have a good day Missy 7 and all the good people of SR
Old 06-04-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear things are going so well Missy.

I dunno if it's a pink cloud but I love the fact I have a positivity about me now - no matter what, my equillibrium stays more or less consistent....I've never lived my life like that before...ever.

It's really a gift that keeps on giving

and...I love SR too - I wasn't here from the start, but I understand a man named Jon started the ball rolling back ten years or so ago - I'm sure others will fill out the story better than I can

I thank everyone who've helped, and still help, to make this place what it is.
We recently had our 80, 000th registered member - that's pretty amazing

D
Old 06-05-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So happy for you MI7! (Love that)

Please keep posting and sharing, I love hearing from you.

Thank you Jon and the mods who keep this place going.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Some say Pink Clouds are always temporary experiences, followed by the reality that we can not stay elated forever.

However, my experience is similar to what Abraham Lincoln used to say:

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be"

If I use spiritual principles properly, I can hold on to peace of mind, joy and sense of purpose indefinitely.