Notices

60 days! :-d

Old 06-04-2011, 02:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up 60 days! :-d

I've been a "creeper" on this site for the entire 60 days and before that time, even. I decided to actually register today just so I can say thank you to this community for being here. You've been there every day for me and I can't thank you enough.

I'm still having difficulties in sleeping but honestly that was a reason why I drank - just to be able to shut off at night. I'll work out the sleep issue with a better method but that part is still difficult. Sleep would be nice!

I also went through about 50 days of insatiable hunger! I wanted to eat everything in site which is highly unusual for me. I'm glad things seemed to have normalized in the hunger dept. Phew.

I decided to stop drinking on April 5th. I don't think I took it all that seriously at the time. On April 10th, my brother was found dead in his apartment. He was only four years older than me. Cause of death: "Chronic ethanolism." To those that aren't aware, that is how they mark your death certificate when you die of alcoholism. I had no idea he had gotten so bad. There is also nothing stronger to convince you of YOUR need for sobriety then experiencing a loss like that. I know that I will never, never drink again.

I'm doing it for you, big brother. I'm sorry we were born with these genetics sometimes. But I will be strong and I will prevail. I'm so happy to have my mind back and my focus. And my spirit.

These 60 days are dedicated to all of you strong people out there that made it easier for me, though quietly. And it's also for you big brother. Here's to sobriety and to life.

Love to you all -

60days and here comes the beyond!

Old 06-04-2011, 03:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

I'm so sorry for your loss - this disease is relentless - but congratulations on your 60 days...I think your brother would be proud of you

D
Old 06-04-2011, 06:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Sorry about the loss of your brother.

Welcome to SR and congrats on your 60 days.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome 60andbeyond! I'm happy you decided to sign up! Congratulations on 60 days! Keep up the good work.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Brother. Unfortunately alcohol can and does take many peoples lives. My condolences to you and all who loved your brother.

:ghug3

Best Wishes To You!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome and congratulations on your sober time! I had the insomnia and ravenous hunger, too. It does get better (albeit slowly!). I'm really glad you decided to post. I found it made a huge difference when I joined versus when I was just "reading."

I'm so sorry your brother was taken by this disease. Your post is a reminder that this is life or death for all of us. It warms my heart that you are keeping his spirit alive in your own sobriety. Hope to see you around the forum!