Notices

Bed time here come the sweats omg!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bed time here come the sweats omg!!!

My biggest withdrawal symptom is sweats, mostly at night and often during the day as well. This has been my biggest non-craving hurdle in the past when trying to quit. I have a new plan in place. For my comfort and for that of my wife, I set up a bed in another room until they subside. The last 2 times I have tried to quit, I have started drinking again after sitting and sweating all day at work, right after a night of waking up chilled to the bone and soaked, waking up every hour to towel off.

How long will they last, like tops, high-end figure?? I know it varies, but when can I really expect it to go away? Also, what remedies have ya'll found that help, if any?

If I can make it through the sweats it will be a battle won!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

complex: That is my biggest withdrawal symptom too--night sweats. I know what a drag it is and how uncomfortable, but look at it this way, you're getting rid of toxins. I am on a relapse roll so this is day one for me, and I'm not looking forward to tonight. I get it worse on day one, and they usually subside for me around day four, but I know everyone's recovery is different. I've found a hot bath before sleep sometimes helps, and I think it's good that you trying to make yourself more comfortable. So hang in there complex, we'll sweat this out together!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

my night sweats could last a week or two - but I live in the tropics.
Hope you feel better soon

D
Old 06-03-2011, 01:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

It's the physical withdrawal it will pass, it's what you have to go through to get better.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks ya'll! It wasn't too bad last night. I'm sure by Sunday it will intensify. Going to maintain strength and make it through!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's great Complex. I didn't have any night sweats because of insomnia. Argh. But we're still here, and yes, maintain strength and keep pushing through the withdrawal stage. Onwards!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Make sure you drink lots of water.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yuck, the night sweats! I have had them, but don't every time I binge then sober up for some reason. I am on day 2 again and didn't get the sweats the last two nights.

But when I have I found that the 2nd night was my worst. It really can vary for everyone. I've read that the withdrawal symptoms can last up to a week or so. During the day I drink a lot of water with slices of lemon in it (at least 64 ounces). Lemon has the ability to help your body detox. I also drink detox tea (you can find it in health food stores and many grocery stores). Then at night I take melatonin to help me sleep.

When I have had the night sweats in the past, the most rewarding thing was when they were finally past and washing the sheets!

Hang in there, but don't hesitate to seek medical help!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Took me a week! My biggest symptom too!!! Drove me nutz! LOL I kept a fan near me at all times - even at work, at my desk. It makes a major difference. Did you try this?
Old 06-03-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

1 week, 2 weeks, there will probably be insomnia as well. Keep an eye on yourself ... Dr. Can help a lot with this sort of thing.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ahhhhh.......so that's a withdrawal symptom!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yep, it's awful, isn't it? The last time I detoxed it was pretty bad. The sheets were wringing wet, and I'd have to strip the bed and let it air off. And the sheets really smelled terrible, too, really skanky. Lasted about four nights or so, tapering off each night. The second night was always the worst, weirdly. I would guess it was because my body realized it wasn't going to get any booze, and started getting rid of the toxins. The only way I couldn't be freaked out by it was by telling myself that if my body was doing this weird thing, it was definitely time to keep quit. Pleased to say that 45 days later, all is good. I don't sweat so much in the day, either.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

oh my gosh! I hate them too, mine normally hits on the second day after a good binder. the first night and day normally consist of being tired from not being able to rest. the insomnia is the second problem too! normally I fall asleep for like two hours and then wake up in sweat and can't get back to sleep.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh how I hate them too... day 2 is always the worst for me too and they're gone on day 4 or 5...

If I've had a serious bender, I get day sweats too. There's been times when I'd leave work half way through the day to go home for a shower because my shirt would be drenched.

Discusting.... I'm back on day 4 today and am hoping it's the last day 4...
Old 06-03-2011, 01:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR julymadness

D
Old 06-03-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

go to the gym and sit in the sauna for an hour or so..and drink an awful lot of water..
it will cleanse you thoroughly