Notices

unbalanced

Old 06-02-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

unbalanced

Well, my boyfriend broke up with me as a result of me drinking too much and making too many stupid decisions while drinking... however he said he would give me another chance as of yesterday. i am so happy about that, do not get me wrong. i am really worried about balancing my life now though. for the past 2 months i have been focusing only on making myself better.. going to meetings, making new friends, etc. and now that im back with him, i find myself just obsessing over wanting to talk to him all the time and thinking only about him. it has only been 2 days that we are back together, so it really has not been long enough to worry about it. but im just worried about balancing everything in my life. work, meetings, friends, and my wonderful boyfriend. im also moving back in with my parents. things are finally lookin up, but i am having a hard time staying focused on the present. i am worried so much about where we go from here. i know i need to just be satisfied where i am now, and stay still for a while.
thanks for listening.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

It's good that you recognize that things are getting out of balance and that it concerns you.

Does your boyfriend understand that you have to spend time on recovery work and focus on that? I hope that he will be supportive. Try to stay in the moment, it really is all that we have.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Try this..When you find yourself worrying about the future, stop yourself and think about what you are grateful for. It will take time, but if you practice it enough, you will find it works. This is called "stinking thinking" and try to be aware of when you are doing it and divert your attention to something else. Some days this is really hard for me and I have to work hard at it, but I'm getting better with it and I've only been sober for 13 months. You may also want to read some about codependecy and the roles we play in it as addicts and alcoholics. Best of luck and good job on getting sober. One day at a time and one hour at a time on the more difficult days.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yes he is very supportive. he is wanting to take it slow.. its me who is thinking ahead. but he will definitely always want me to spend time on my recovery.