Notices

Day 61

Old 05-20-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 61

61 days of continuous sobriety...proud of myself but not gonna lie, also feeling a bit anxious and tense right now...still having trouble identifying myself as an alcoholic, even though I don't want to go back to drinking. Has more to do with the (perceived) stigma of not being able to drink and what I feel people will think about me. Also, I'm going through the end of a 6-year relationship/friendship right now and that has got me really down. But I'm just going to try to get through today, thanks all.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations comanche

Whenever I doubted what I was, I looked at some of my old posts and the memories came flooding back.

Whether you identify as an alcoholic or not, I'm sure you had good reasons for stopping and good reasons to stay stopped. Don't get too caught up in labels.

I was worried what people thought too, but very few people ever gave me a hard time. There's a lot more non drinker and slight drinkers out there than I knew.

I also know I like who I am sober - for the first time in my adult life I'm happy - and I'm secure enough to stand up for what's right for me.

Those are all momentous things for me.

No one's opinion or any amount of peer pressure can challenge those facts for me now

D
Old 05-20-2011, 07:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Congratulations!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a major accomplishment! I'm sorry you're not happy - "Just don't drink today" is what I'm always told. 6yrs is a long time for any type of relationship.... Bummer! I'm sure there is a good reason and you will be okay. Can you say more about it?