Notices

???

Old 05-16-2011, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

???

I don't know if this counts as a relapse or what it counts as, last night I was really upset so I took too much of my seroquel , it wasn't a suicide attempt or anything it was just so I would calm down and feel better because I was really upset. I don't know because like it's a prescription drug but I misused it, so I don't know if that counts as a relapse or what it counts as.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Servant of God

I wouldn't waste a lot of time worrying about it one way or another. The really good thing is that you are still here and able to post. Some of those meds like the one you are talking about have a really steep dosage curve and can be extremely dangerous.

Can you try screaming into a pillow next time you are upset? I like to chop wood with an axe. Start breaking sh!t around the house or something. (ignore that last part)

I'm sorry you are felling bad. I know how that is. To answer your post, who cares what it counts as? Focus on today.

Nobody is grading us. Nobody is counting our days. We're not in a contest. All that matters is how you feel about it.

Last edited by FNB3; 05-16-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Add
Old 05-16-2011, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Did you go to the ER?

What happened?
Old 05-16-2011, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so glad nothing bad happened....taking too much medication is dangerous. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter whether its a relapse or what...all that matters is that you are ok...and maybe you should take it as a warning to get some help...are you in any type of therapy?

Hugs!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, glad you are ok. I don't know what it 'counts' as either and I don't think it really matters. Good thing you didn't mix a bunch of alcohol with it.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ya I went to the ER , it wasn't fun at all but I'm doing ok now, was there overnight but ya doing good. Ya I'm in therapy and I see my doc tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope you talk to someone you can trust about why you chose to take the medication instead of call someone. I just don't want it to happen again. Whatever was so upsetting to you needs to be addressed more than if it was a relapse. Hugs to you my dear.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ya I will talk to someone my psychiatrist is on holidays but my doc is around I have an appointment with her tomorrow, and I should call my therapist at some point.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're ok Pinkgurl

D
Old 05-16-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm very glad to hear you are okay, pink. That is a relief.

As to whether it is a relapse or not, that is your decision to make. For me, I would probably have to consider it to be.

I have heard your struggle over the past few weeks. I know you have a good period of sobriety, but just staying sober and clean is not enough for most of us to stay sober and clean.

I hope that whether or not decide to call this a relapse (doesn't really matter), you learn from it and figure out where you need to be, and where you are going.

Hugs.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

ya not sure... for now i will just move on , going to CR tonight so hoping that will help, at least with that you can talk about lots of different stuff.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Pink, I'm sorry your having such a difficult time. I too, have felt your struggle for the last few weeks. Keep seeing your Doctors and talking about your feelings. You have a lot going for you! Hang in there Pink. Maybe try something a little different this time.

:ghug3

Best Wishes To You!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I talked to the doc today and afterwards I went to the dollar store and got stuff to put in a coping bag , to have for if I get stressed or upset or if my computer stops working so i don't go to drastic measures. It was a good talk with the doc but ya kind of made me sad because just the reality of stuff. I hate when we talk about consequences but it is necessary. Thanks all for the support.