Notices

Wierd Experience

Old 05-09-2011, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wierd Experience

This afternoon I found myself in the car driving to the liquor store. It seemed like ZombieBob took over. I had no cravings, but also I didn’t consider not drinking. ZombieBob just got in the car and headed out to buy liquor. And I hardly ever drank liquor, wine was my thing.

Luckily, I came to my senses a couple of blocks down the road and turned around and went home. And when whatever clicked on in my brain happened, turning around was easy. I had no desire to drink.

The whole thing seems very strange. The sensation of being on autopilot or an out-of-body experience seems to apply. I haven’t even considered drinking for a good while, but I guess this incident is an alarm or warning for me.

Anyway, I’m ok. I did not and I am not going to drink. But has anyone ever had this happen to them? And either way, please let this incident be a warning not to become complacent. I'm shaking my head in amazement and confusion about this happening, but I am wide awake now, lol.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yea, i havnt drank and dont crave but for some reason the thoughts are slipping in latley, am a little worried for myself, its very strange.

Things have been too easy latley and now i got to grasp the wheel of sobriity before i run off the road.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

probably no human power could have relieved my alcoholism and God could and would as He was sought.