Notices

People! I have made it to day 11!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

People! I have made it to day 11!

You heard it right! I've been sober as a priest on Sunday for 11 days now!

*Side note* Im not sure if using sober as a priest on Sunday is a good example. Some priests arent always sob....eh doesnt matter! lol

Almost hitting that 2 week mark, and it feels fantasic. Heres a little recap of my past 11 days in a nutshell.

Day 1: Shakes, Dry heaves, paranoid.
Day 2:The same as day one, but extreme anxiety, and no sleep.
Day 3: Slept all day.
Day 4: Felt refreshed, and ate my first healthly meal in awhile.
Day 5: Felt real good, but kept thinking about drinking a lot
Day 6: Thought about drinking a HELL of a lot, but didnt do it. Otherwise felt good.
Day 7: Felt awesome! Appetite feels like a normal again.
Day 8: Felt awesome! People noticed more energy in me.
Day 9: Felt awesome! Yet, drinking keeps running though my mind.
Day 10: Felt awesome! Again with the drinking in my mind, but knowing I dont want it.
Day 11: Today and sober!

That's pretty much my 11 day experiance so far. As much as drinking crosses my mind, I wont do it. I never want to be in that black abyss I was in again. And I especially dont want to feel like I did in those first few days EVER AGAIN! I was either drinking a 5th or 3/4th's a box a wine a day. And drank that much for awhile. I'm on the right path now, and I know my lifes is only going to change for the better!

Anyways just keeping you all updated. Have a awesome day!

-Ryan
Old 05-05-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm a few days more, but you're experience mirrors mine to the T. I've lost quite a bit of weight in a very short time period. 1200 less calories a day from booze. Didn't eat much during first 12-15 days, but today my appetite is through the roof...keep eating healthy stuff, but can't stop eating it, and still losing weight..Fine with me, for now
Old 05-05-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JediTrey View Post
I'm a few days more, but you're experience mirrors mine to the T. I've lost quite a bit of weight in a very short time period. 1200 less calories a day from booze. Didn't eat much during first 12-15 days, but today my appetite is through the roof...keep eating healthy stuff, but can't stop eating it, and still losing weight..Fine with me, for now
Oh i really see my appetite getting extremely stronger. When I was drinking, like a lot of us, I would barley eat. I would drink all day then at the end of the night or morning pig out, and pass out. Very unhealthy. I'm hoping to knock off some of these lbs I've gained through the years from drinking. Just need to keep my diet in control. But since I've been sober, it's like I'm experiancing food for the first time again

-Ryan
Old 05-05-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Thanks for the update, RR. That's just pretty dang cool.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing your progress.....
Old 05-05-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Awesome Ryan!! Congrats on your 11 days, that's terrific! I love your postitive attitude, it's gonna get better from here on out and I'm rooting for you

-Jess
Old 05-05-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iliveforyou View Post
Awesome Ryan!! Congrats on your 11 days, that's terrific! I love your postitive attitude, it's gonna get better from here on out and I'm rooting for you

-Jess
Thank you very much!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That is fantastic man! I can't wait to be in your shoes. I decided to go for a run today in an attempt to exorcise the demons, as I'm sure you could tell my head was in a pretty gloomy place. I typically bang out four to eight miles when I am healthy, but today was brutal. My daughter was looking at me like, "why isn't the motor running papa?" I barely got 3.5, so there is a little more motivation for me to lay off the sauce. I am feeling those same effects that you did early on, but at least I didn't boot while I was out there... thought I was going to a couple of times. Anyway, I really appreciate you posting your day by day. I caved after the 5th day on my last attempt, so it is nice to have some sort of reference for when things will get better as far as the body goes. It just felt so miserable, and not knowing when things would get easier just did me in. I guess nothing compares to the misery one feels after waking up from a bender, right? anyhow, thanks again man, and keep up the effort!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JediTrey View Post
No kidding! I've lost 12 pounds in about 2.5 weeks. I'm looking like my normal old self again! YAY!