Notices

Now I'm in deeper...

Old 05-01-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now I'm in deeper...

So, I had quit drinking for almost 3 weeks. Then I started again, in the process I met a guy who promised Xanax and pot would take care of recovery issues...anxiety, depression, etc. And it worked great, bt then started mixing the Xanax with the booze, now I'm a mess. I need more Xanax, did quit drinking again, and got rid of this dude because he turned out to be verbally abusive, so now no more pills because I can't stand the guy, don't want to sleep with him in exchange for the pills...that just seems disgusting. I'm up to about 6mg of Xanax a day, dreading the withdrawals...advice needed, please... And please don't tell me to go to my doctor, I can't do that. It's a mixed up, jumbled up mess.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

AA? NA? Not sounding like you're in great shape to do it alone. Private counseling?
Old 05-01-2011, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

I am so sorry to hear about your relapse. I've been thru benzo cold turkey w/d's many times from ativan, xanax, valium or klonopin, sometimes a mix of several. I was on higher daily "doses" than 6mg, but I will tell you that the w/d's are NOT pleasant. Mine lasted a couple of weeks...longer and more dragged out than opiate w/d's are. I am glad that you kicked that guy to the curb, sounds like a real winner

The w/d's aren't going to be nice, again each person experiences w/d's for different durations and severity, however it is a much better idea to kick them now rather than later. Since you don't have the option of seeing a doctor and to slowly taper (<---always failed for me but works for some), I don't have a whole lot of advice just wanted to give my experiences with them.

Like PP mentioned, is it possible that you could get to a meeting? Do they help you at all?

Good luck and maybe someone else will come along with some advice...

-Jess
Old 05-01-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hard to suggest what you should do, my suggestion would be to get around people who care about you. i.e. family if at all possible, don't be hard on yourself, take one day at a time and focus on what you really want for yourself. My experience with addition has been that the more you read the more you understand it.

I wish you well...
Old 05-01-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you got yourself into a bit of a mess but I'm glad you're out of that relationship, pinkroses - it's a step forward

I'm afraid when it comes to benzo withdrawal the only responsible advice I can give is see a Dr.

Nothings more important than your well being, PR.

D
Old 05-01-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Abnormally normal

I'm sorry you're in the situation you're in.

Go to a meeting.
Talk to friends and family so they can be around you if you need anything while w/d.
I don't know why you won't go to a doctor, but if it's easily available, take advantage of it. Nothing can be worse than having your health at risk.
I agree and think you shouldn't do this alone. Seek and get all the support you can. You're going to need it.

Best of luck to you...
Old 05-01-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

try the ER or a walk-in clinic?..at the very least a close friend or family member to stay with you in case there is a problem...someone who can take you to the ER.

glad to hear you are stopping...the booze mixed with the pills can certainly kill you.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree with the above. Do not try to be a hero. If you are up 6mg on Xanax everyday then there is no easy way of doing it. I am at the moment on 0.05mg of xanax a day and the days I go without I feel a bit jitterish, so I can only imagine being 6mg....I really do not see a way out for you unless you go into a detox facility or ER..that is if you are ready to surrender.......
Old 05-01-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree, go to an ER if you won't go to your dr.

Please take action and look after yourself.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

You may want to google "addiction" and "doctors/physicians" - I know that some are more knowledgeable and even specialize in addiction issues, detoxing, etc......

It's scary I know, but don't make it any harder on yourself than it has to be. We all need help sometimes......