Notices

I did it!!! I finally laid mulch!!!

Old 04-30-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I did it!!! I finally laid mulch!!!

Yep! I actually laid mulch today!!! LOL. This may not be a big deal for most (if not all) of you, but for anti-manual labor RW, it's the first time.

I always wanted to do this, but my lazy ass would always pay for others to do it - or just not do it. Today, I got up, called the mulch company, had them deliver it to my house, and got out this pointy thing with a stick attached (I think it's called a shuvle) lol - and started working. About three hours later we were done. House looks great, and I feel good about the work I did.

It's so amazing to me how it's "the little things" that give us so much joy. So, off to bed, golf at 7am tomorrow, then a day of hanging out with my wife and son. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Good night everyone!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Want to come over to my place? I can always use some mulch. And, just general landscaping.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I too find achievement in things like that - good for you RW

D
Old 04-30-2011, 10:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You big ole mulcher you! Way to go RW! Tomorrow..I will be sprinkling a vat of cayenne peppers on my strawberries to keep the neighbors cr@pping cat at bay. If I had mulch it would be a giant litter box. WAR!!!!!!!! I tried moth balls..really I am screwing myself..Can't eat them any more so it is all about the fight now.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

FARMER REGGIE! LOL
I agree. Little things make sobriety so worth it!

congrats!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

I've grown my first garden sober. I relate! It's amazing what clarity can help you do.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hauled 12 bags of mulch yesterday myself...but ahem....i have a garden guy to help me with the heavy work...I applauded while he dug out dead trees and chopped ivy vines i never want to see again.

i will finish the plants as they come to market in the warmer weather...like MsCooter, i have a buffet spread out for the deer with my flowers...my nieghbor's cat just tries to beat up my dog.

it is so great to have my deck set up with big planters and some furniture to sit outside. no more tangled mess of weeds....i can keep up with the garden ....since the heavy stuff is done...and i have never missed planting my "sweet cherry 100" tomatoes.

when i was drinking i did very little...the last garden project was in 2007....last year i started caring again..but the weather did not cooperate....

and we are sober enough to enjoy the beauty of the garden and mulch! congrats ReggieWayne, can you stop by and do some weeding for me?
Old 05-01-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm gardening this year, too! I've had to dig the darn beds. I am loving it. But it does get me really tired and I'm promising myself not to overdo, because I get cravings when I get really tired.

Ms. Cooter Brown, have you tried planting some catnip somewhere far away from your strawberries? The cat may love it so much he forgets about the strawberries.

Happy Gardening! I'm going out to put in some tomatoes and cucumbers and cilantro.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No I guess I never saw catnip plants..I always thought it was some chemical thing! Thanks for the suggestion..gotta figure something out.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great feeling of accomplishment!! Good for you for taking that on!
Old 05-01-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Servant of God

Nice...I think finding the best out the small stuff is the key to it all.

On another note...you look a lot like Eddie Vedder
Old 05-01-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Now that I've moved into town and rent I think I'm gonna hire me a nice young gardener to do my dirty work. But I'll watch just to make sure he's doing it right! *wink*
Old 05-01-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Catnip is a perennial..it will come up every year...you can buy a small plant in most garden centers with the herbs.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Talking

I feel the same way when I the grass....The sense of accomplishment is such a buzz....Everytime you drive up to your home, you get a buzz looking at your accomplishment and dedication! GREAT DEAL
Old 05-02-2011, 03:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Damn proud of/for you Reggie!! Physical work around the house, something we would never contemplate while staggeringly drunk, is always something to look back on and be proud of! Congratulations! I am proud of you!!
...Mike