Notices

last_day_of_daily_breathalyzer

Old 04-25-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

last_day_of_daily_breathalyzer

I was sentenced 6 months ago to have daily breathalyzer testing (one of many parts to my sentencing for a 2nd dui and multiple car accident).

I literally have a "box" in my home that I've had to blow into 3 to 4 times a day for the past 6 months. Technically, it wasn't house arrest, but it sort of was (and for all you Lost fans out there think desmond, hatch, 108 minutes, etc... )

I got the call today that it's been 6 months and it's being turned off.

When I think that I was being tested on a daily basis, that it was that important to Gwinnett County (here in the ATL) that I don't drink, and that I had to prove to them on daily basis that I'm safe and no longer a danger to society, I can't help but think of what a mess I became and how I could have easily killed someone that night or any other night for that matter.

Just a few short years ago, when I was bar hopping 3 or 4 nights a week, drinking beer, doing shots and coke, looking for trouble and girls, being an active alcoholic, but in complete denial/ignorance, (and living only for myself) I would have never imagined I'd be where I am today.

I guess I'm right where I'm supposed to be.

"Its" not going to be ok. "It" already is.

Kjell~
Old 04-25-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Moving forward...you are doing well!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Good news KJell. Congrats and well done!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Great news!!! I know when I think back to all of the times I drank and got behind the wheel, I get a little sick to my stomach, thank God that is over, and that I never hurt anyone innocent. I look back to my own arrest for ouil and I truly believe that it was that and the fact that my truck got repossesed that I didn't kill anyone. I sure didn't think so at the time..but it was a blessing that I am grateful for everyday!!!

Cathy
Old 04-25-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You've done great! That's how it's supposed to work. It may be a PITA, but I guess it's meant to be. Sometimes it takes even more than that to convince some people that they need help. I'm glad you are doing so well. Congrats!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You took the punishment and did the right thing! That's all we can do. Take responsibility, accept the consequences, deal with it and move on.... Good for you Kjell!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by Surlyredhead View Post
Great news!!! I know when I think back to all of the times I drank and got behind the wheel, I get a little sick to my stomach, thank God that is over, and that I never hurt anyone innocent. I look back to my own arrest for ouil and I truly believe that it was that and the fact that my truck got repossesed that I didn't kill anyone. I sure didn't think so at the time..but it was a blessing that I am grateful for everyday!!!

Cathy
I totally agree. Getting my driving privileges taken away from me has been tough, but necessary.

I'd shown I couldn't be trusted to drive safely (that's still hard to admit).

I should be driving again here in the next few weeks. I'm excited, but also very nervous (another part of my sentence is I can't get any tickets for the duration of my probation).

Kjell~
Old 04-25-2011, 08:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for getting through that Kjell and good for you for knowing that you are right where you should be.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Happy to hear that you were able to turn your life around Kjell. It is just insanity the things we do while under the influence. Like you, I am just so happy I don't live in that insanity anymore.