Notices

Rough morning!

Old 04-06-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough morning!

Having moved to teh city, as the result of a seperation; I have not seen my son for 4 days. This is the hardest thing. I have been going to a lot of meetings and hooking in with lots of people. It is good, to a point. My sadness is very real and I find myself a "lone wolf" in anew city with vibrant recovery. I am doing my best to reach out but am struggling with connecting with others. zif that makes any sense.

I am having a really hard time not seeing my son. This is teh longest I have ever gone and a peice of me is missing. I talk to him every day, but his the hugs and all that comes with parenthood.

I dont want to drink, but my emotional sobriety is in flux.

Thank you for reading this
Just had to get it out there...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there Jay. I know how you feel...I'm in town now after living on my farm with all my furry friends and kids. Kids grew, Husband/I separated and it hard recovering when family is 1400 miles away.
But I have a cell phone, computer and I keep in contact the best I can. Especially when I'm feel 'weak'. This site has been a great help to have people to converse with.
I know how you miss your son. I have 3 boys, 2 are in other states and one in Iraq.
Stick around and post...it helps.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Jay! I know how hard it is. Hang in there, it will be okay. Just keep talking to the little guy. Keep up with those meetings. You will be okay!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes calling daily is a good idea even if it makes you miss
him more....because he needs to know you love him.

Prayers for peace and recovery coming your way
Old 04-06-2011, 10:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jay,

I agree that calling him every day, though it's hard for you, is the best thing to do for your son.

Use your pain to focus on your recovery. That's the best thing you can do for yourself and to be able to see your son again.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

I agree with everyone else. Please do not stop calling him no matter how much pain it may bring up for you since you are not able to hold him right now.

I made the mistake of putting my pain over calling my daughter when I let her move with her father. Over the years it only hurt more and more so I called her less and less. Ultimately the end result is she felt I did not love and care about her and she has cut off all contact with me. There are not many things that can cause a greater pain than to have your own child tell you never to contact them again. That was 2 years ago and the pain and regret only gets worse not better. Please do not make the mistake I did. Keep in contact with your son as frequently as possible it does make a difference.

Keep working on your sobriety, it is ultimately the best thing you can do for yourself and your children. I am thankful my older children can see what sobriety has done for me and they love and respect me more than ever because of it.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there! You will see him soon enough! Just keep trying to reach out in the new city and of course on here as well! We're all here to listen! :ghug3
Old 04-06-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Jay,

I can totally understand how you are feeling. It really doesn't get any easier, missing your wee man, but calling everyday will keep you in his heart and he in yours....until he moves there also. 4 months will feel like forever now, but will pass quickly.

My wee man is going to be away for almost a month, with his dad....and the thought scares the bejaysus outta me. I too have had to move back to my old town, and try to reconnect with people in aplace full of not so great memories.

Jay, stay strong in your recovery, keep going to meetings, keep coming here and to chat...all will be well.

And keep calling your gorgeous boy!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks everyone! I am going back to the valley to see my son this weekend. I am hitting lots of meetings and will be making my daily calls. I appreciate your words.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your pain Jay - I'm not a parent, but it sounds like great advice here

D
Old 04-07-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hope your day is going well, jay - I'm sure it's hard to feel cut off right now, but you never know what the next day will bring (a new friend, a good talk with your son, etc.). Gotta stay sober to reap the benefits!

Glad you're able to go see your son this weekend - have a great time! And if you find your feelings of depression aren't lifting, think about talking to a doctor or psychiatrist.

Hang in there!