# 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

desperate

What i wouldn't do for a drink right now lie , steal , beg
i have begged before to get drink and i have done a lot worse
we have no money for drink at the moment only 5 pound to our name
Am that desperate for a drink that am willing to go out begging for it
I have an AA meeting in a few hours so i have to wait to get to that
We have food in the house so we can live for a few days and we get money in a week or so
But i need drink i have a few numbers that i can call and i have SR and my other forums to talk about this
I want to go out and get pissed right now .. instead am going to have dinner and go to my AA meeting see how i feel after it
My husband has refused to go out begging with me or take me any where to get drink as he said that he would be enabling me
He has to take a step back from this witch is understandable dont mean that he dont care at all

It comes down to this if the AA meeting doesn't help tonight i will be out begging tonight If it helps am going home with my husband to a nice warm house instead of sitting out in the cold

some of you may have a go at me for thinking this way and that am taking money of people by deceiving them but i have done worse
i just need to do this
Old 04-01-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

It's just your addiction talking. It has no power without you giving it power. Ride out the craving. It'll be OK.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Willow...hang in there for your meeting. Say a prayer, distract your thoughts, watch tv, read a book. Do anything, but don't drink. You are strong. You can do this. Don't let that wicked little devil win! Take a bunch of deep breaths, exhale slowly. Take a nap. Take your mind to your favorite place and relax. But, don't drink. Call your sponsor or someone else. Read all the posts you can here; that could take days. But don't drink.
You have my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Be strong, you can get through this. Go for a walk, call a friend, read some more on SR you will be so happy with yourself tomorrow if you do not take that drink today.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You have to feel this way now, but you don't have to feel this way forever.

Life does not have to be an on-going battle against urges and compulsive behavior.

The action we take is to be changed through a process of recovery. We find someone in AA who understands that, sees how desparate we are, and guides us through the action plan that brings about a spiritual awakening. We are transformed, and we begin to trust and rely on a power greater than ourselves.

Find that person at your AA meeting today.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Originally Posted by FrothyJay View Post

Life does not have to be an on-going battle against urges and compulsive behavior.
This is true!! AA is not my thing but what you're experiencing right now doesn't last forever. "We do recover".
Old 04-01-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sweetie try eating and taking a nap before your your meeting...it will get you a few hours closer =)
Old 04-01-2011, 12:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

Drinking now would be punishing yourself and all that you love further.
I beg you, please, you don't have to, though you feel a need to.
Its a strong desire you can overcome.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I second Genjen - food and sleep are good things. Also, if you've got some numbers, then why don't you call them? You've got to use everything at your disposal right now.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
orangutan

Willow I feel for you !!!!
Take a walk it helps me so much I am only days away from where you are now but walking helps clear my head and try to put positive thoughts in your mind about anything else other than a drinking I have to force those thoughts out or they will win.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you've got numbers willow, please use them. People give out their numbers because they want you to call if you find yourself in trouble.

I hope you make some good healthy choices for yourself

D
Old 04-01-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It sounds like your committed to not drinking till after your meeting. If you have the courage repeat what you just said in your post to the meeting. I think you'll be amazed at the results.

Ron
Old 04-01-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Earth Child

i went to the AA meeting , it really helped i didn't say anything to any one has i was late for the meeting i didn't speak i just passed.
Everyone was going to go and have coffee together i have no money at the moment so hopefully i can make it there next week and have coffee
When i got home i read something out the Big book and it helped a lot it reaffirmed the fact that i cant drink and made me think about my Higher power
and how my higher power has helped me in the last few days
Old 04-01-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're home safe willow

D
Old 04-01-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Earth Child

I really dont feel well mentally at the moment in a way am glad i haven't gone out and drank
But the other part of me is wanting the drink so much

I hear voices and there is 4 of them God and the others are nameless .
The nameless ones keep talking about drink and me drinking and God tells me to not drink and to listen to my higher power
I hear voices most of the time and am on medication for them but my psych says that am stable on my meds and that i may always hear the voices
Along with the voices am seeing things like deformed people and deformed dogs all wanting to hurt me .
If i was drinking i know this would be a lot worse than what it is now and how i deal with it as well would be in question .
I feel very scared right now and i have to make sure with my husband that this isn't real as i don't know if it is or not .
My husband knows what is going on and we can talk about it and decide what to do about it together fairly calmly
Old 04-01-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by XWillowX View Post
i went to the AA meeting , it really helped i didn't say anything to any one has i was late for the meeting i didn't speak i just passed.
Everyone was going to go and have coffee together i have no money at the moment so hopefully i can make it there next week and have coffee
When i got home i read something out the Big book and it helped a lot it reaffirmed the fact that i cant drink and made me think about my Higher power
and how my higher power has helped me in the last few days
*hugs*...keep going hon