Notices

control

Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

control

i had a crazy day today ,now that im clean i have control over not using,but when people think i may have used it really breaks my heart and i feel like im losing control and that really scares me to death,i know i dont have any control over anyone but me so why should i care what anyone thinks as long as i know im 100 percent clean thats all that should matter me n god know the truth rite.....so why do i still care.....
Old 03-31-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i feel for u

im 16 i may not know it all
but i was addicted for 4 years im still addicted not activly useing at all
but very often people think im useing again...and yeah it is a struggle.
to keep ur head up and push on forward...even when people dont believe u...
what always helps me is...i remind myself when...i was in juvi...or in rehab....who was there for me? ....just myself ...those quiet nights....all by myself. That always reminds me ...that im proving to myself that im sober....
if ur sober...ur self will believe it=)

i believe u =)
Old 03-31-2011, 09:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome aprilmae. Over time, people will judge you by your recent actions and behavior, and not the past. But it takes a little time...
Old 04-01-2011, 05:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Bless you Aprilmae. Stay strong & keep your head high. Yoli is right, it won't be long before everyone appreciates the new, improved you! Be patient, breathe deep, don't panic. You are exactly where you need to be right now.
Thinking of you
Old 04-01-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it takes a little time for people to trust us again aprilmae...it's tough but understandable.

How are you doing now?

D
Old 04-01-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It takes patience and understanding because we can't expect those around us to believe we are changing right away. Just keep focusing on your recovery and people will see the change.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im doin good it was just a very trying day but i made it threw it....omg i made it
Old 04-03-2011, 09:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

If you're sober and know deep down you're living the best you can and being honest, then what others think will not change how you feel about yourself. not that you shouldn't care what those close to you think, but the worry should be out of concern for your relationships, not you. if you're grounded and comfortable within yourself, which only comes from the peace of knowing you're doing the best you can, then what others think should not threaten your sobriety or peace of mind. use this insecurity as a warning that you may have some unhealthy thoughts/behaviors going on that are causing you to question yourself. i believe that you're sober, but there may be some other issues going on within you that are causing you to feel uncomfortable when others doubt you. it's better to catch this and make changes before it actually leads to relapse, and this isn't a bad thing at all and it's perfectly normal. we are all insecure to some extent, but the more comfortable you are with yourself, the better off you'll be in recovery. recovery isn't all about abstinence, it's about growing as a person and finding peace.

it's not a desirable situation that those close to you are questioning you, and it may not be fair. but we can't rely on external circumstances to stay sober. it comes from within.