Notices

I've failed

Old 03-19-2011, 09:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Hi Paul -

Sorry you are struggling. This damn disease is really hard.

It sounds like the AA meeting you attended is not the right one. You might try a few different ones until you find the right one. AA is full of alcoholics (go figure!) and we're full of flaws. Don't give it up too early.

In the end, though, if you're not ready, you're not ready. No one else can make you want this. Just know that there isn't one single thing that drinking can't make worse.

You owe none of us an apology. I'm a drunk too. I just got to my bottom two years ago by acknowledging that I had absolutely no idea how to fix the problem myself. Once I realized that I had to surrender, I went out and took the necessary steps to begin my daily journey of sobriety.

Ask for help. Keep posting on SR. Try non-AA programs of recovery. Look into a treatment program, etc, etc. Whatever the hard work it requires, you are worth it.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sounds like AA is not working for you, at least at the moment. There are lots of alternatives to AA that work for lots of people, including me and lots of folks on SR. Try SOS, LifeRing, SMART etc. Lots of good books too that can help with developing your own recovery plan. There is also a Secular Connections forum on this site.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Paul?