Notices

The Glad Game

Old 03-04-2011, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Glad Game

I woke up this morning thinking of all the reasons why I'm mad that I can't drink and then I remembered "The Glad Game" from the movie "Pollyanna." One of my favorites as a child and to still to this day. So, I'm going to play the "Glad Game" this morning so I can stop focusing on being mad.

I'm mad because it's Friday which was always my favorite night to drink and I have nothing to do tonite...
I'm glad because I won't have a hangover tomorrow.

I'm mad because I'm cooking dinner for my kids on Sunday and I won't be able to drink myself into oblivion while doing so..
I'm glad because I'll remember the conversations I had with them the next day.

I'm mad because I can't drink in moderation...
I'm glad because I'm starting to set an example for some very important people in my life who are drinking less because they don't have to keep up with me (now that's kind of a mixed glad because I'm ashamed of my bad example).

I'm mad that all my activities revolve around drinking and it's hard to find something to do...
I'm glad because this has prompted me to volunteer for Special Olympics and I start coaching tomorrow...without a hangover.

I'm mad that my boss always finds a way to demean me in meetings...
I'm glad that I work from home and don't have to be embarrassed in front of co-workers (and I can flip him off in the safety of my own home).

I'm mad that abstaining from drinking 1-3 bottles of wine a night hasn't made me lose alot of weight...
I'm glad because I look and feel so much healthier.

I'm mad about the blackouts, the embarrassment, the shame, the friends I've lost, and the loss of myself due to my drinking.
I'm glad that I'm 33 days sober and plan to stay that way!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OMG, I remember this Pollyanna game! LOL, i had the record album from the movie when i was a kid.