Notices

Feeling so bad

Old 02-26-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kip

Feeling so bad

Hi Im new here and I have definitely reached my bottom. I was at a friends last night had already drank some vodka before I got there and proceeded to get very very drunk drinking wine, vodka, and some pre mixed drinks. I feel so so ashamed and am crying and freaking out writing this as I remember having sex with a girl there but can't remember with who. That's how bad drunk I was I am so so ashamed and I don't even really feel a hangover today because of all my anxiety Im feeling and embarrassment over this. I am dreading if my friend knows I don't ever want to go back there again. please please help me Im just flipping out right now so bad. I can't even face going to work tomorrow. I work in a restaurant and just do not want to see anybody. help please I feel so alone and afraid I feel so disgusting and gross
Old 02-26-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I know that the shame and embarassment can be overwhelming, but know that you don't ever have to go through this again.

We do understand.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kip - Try not to beat yourself up too much. Take a sickie off work (if you can) for the day and drink lots of water to flush your system out. During the day, try to take stock of your life and the drinking, and make a decision about what you want to do.

You may have to resort to a few grovelling apologies, but real friends will forgive.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
kip

Thank you for your replies. I really really do not ever want to be in this situation ever again I just cannot stand these feelings I really can't and I vow never ever to let another drop of alcohol pass my lips again. Im sure you's have heard that before but Im ready and my life has just spiralled out of control so fast it is unbelievable. I do not want to be "that" person ever ever again. The pain is real and I know I will succeed in not drinking as I never ever want to feel like this again.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
You never have to have those feelings again. Just don't drink. Time to get a plan. Have you thought about what you want to do to get better?
Old 02-26-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
kip

Haven't thought it through that much just know Im never drinking again. I guess finding some new hobbies or something like that?
Old 02-26-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
I've been in your shoes. I had to hit several bottoms before I reached out for help. I'm VERY glad to see you here!! Reaching out is a great first step!

Drinking and drugging made my life a complete wreck. For me I had to find people like me to learn how not to put myself back in those situations that gave me that revolving door of embarrassment, shame, guilt, lack of self-respect and desperation.

Keep coming back. SR is an great place for support. We've all been there. This is where I got my start...:ghug3

There is hope - and a better way to live.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
kip

Thank you whiskerkissed I will definitely be using this place as support. When I've settled down a bit and don't feel so crappy I will think over some other ways to help myself get better and my life to be/go where I want it.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Go for it, Kip..... You're starting to sound better already.....
Old 02-26-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the best recovery site everywhere.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Kip

I'm sorry you had a night like that.
As Anna says tho you need never have another like it.

Keep reading and posting here - you'll find lots of ideas on what to do next, especially if you find stopping drinking is difficult for you.

D
Old 02-27-2011, 03:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
kip

I took the day off work today just couldn't face it plus I've pretty minimal sleep. I kind of feel better today but my mind is just going full force with what happened and that's the hardest to deal with at the moment. Glad to have a day off though and just recuperate. I feel like telling someone what happened but cannot face the shame of it so thank you for letting me tell it here. Hope everyone else is doing well.