Notices

The real party is in those meetings.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wander2 View Post
A question I have, as someone considering an AA meeting and having only recently stopped drinking is this. I feel like I have already let down my wife, and going to these without her just leaves her out again. anyone else feel this.
Ask around AA to find the "family" AA meeting in the area. At my home meeting we have a monthly "breakfast" meeting and most of the wives and many of the kids show up there. There are often speaker meetings that many family members attend also.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I finally got up the courage to go to a few meetings after 30 days sobriety. Even though I'm new and don't have anything profound to add, I felt welcome and encouraged. I found I wasn't alone- others have screwed up relationships during their drinking career, and found themselves alone after choosing sobriety. I have a long road ahead, but there's hope.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by 2blind2c View Post
I finally got up the courage to go to a few meetings after 30 days sobriety. Even though I'm new and don't have anything profound to add, I felt welcome and encouraged. I found I wasn't alone- others have screwed up relationships during their drinking career, and found themselves alone after choosing sobriety. I have a long road ahead, but there's hope.
2B2 - You're most certainly not alone.

There are MILLIONS of alcoholics in the U.S. alone and many of them are recovered and you can be too.

I'm very happy for you.

Kjell