Notices

Back Again

Old 02-13-2011, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back Again

I see a lot of posts on here about people cutting down. I am one that cannot undesrtand that philosophy. Alcohol is like any other addiction, cutting down is not the cure. I have went a month without alcohol and went out this week when I was out of town and drank two nights in a row. I not only drank but got drunk. I have been sick ever since. I am depressed about it, feel horrible physically and mentally. I have found that toying with alcohol in any form is not only poisonous to my body, but causes bad decisions and bad reputation to be formed. I cannot cone up with anyone who is successful in business or life that is an addict. I thought I was not an addict because I only would get drunk when I travelled, which was not very often. It exacerbates my panic attacks after it wears off, and my anxiety. I am a professional at lying to myself, and trying to please others. From this point forward I am committing to not drinking any alcohol, I hate myself when I drink, and I beleive I am a better person when I do not. I am a Christian and believe that God can heal me. Hopefully I will remember how bad I feel when I drink from now on. A four day hangover is sure not worth the little bit of fun that I experience with the alcohol buzz.

Hello everyone I am an alcoholic and now a recovering alcoholic.

I want to be successful and I have been here many times, every time the hangovers are worse, and I believe it wil kill me if I do not stop. God help me, please pray for me as I take this one day, one month and one year at a time.

God Bless all of you that have conquered this disease.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back hockeyplayer
I think you've made a great choice.

D
Old 02-13-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm with ya on this. Alcohol eventually brings out the worst in me and the worst keeps getting 'worser'.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, Hockeyplayer!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi HP! I only "went back out" if that is what you call it..drank after I decided to quit. I did reset my date..and will never look back. I experienced the same thing. I will never know if after being sober then pounding down shots..if it was my body not knowing how to process the alcohol? Whatever..but it was the worst..longest hangover. AND believe me....I remember it. No looking back. It is vile poison. I quit the first time 8/22. Then went to a birthday party 10/3 where we pounded shots....so it was that time period of sobriety..ANYWAY..glad you are back. It is vile poison for sure. And WHO in their right mind pounds shots. I was a sick puppy!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh thank you for your post. I relate so much, I want to remeber this forever so I never touch that vile stuff again in my life. We forget so soon, but God help me to remember.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you're back! - After two relapses myself, I finally figured out that trying to drink normally was beyond torture for me and very rarely was I successful.

Sounds like you're motivated and ready to get back to sobriety!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hockey player, glad you Are here and ditto to everything you said! I have blacked out so many times, and the last time I just had enough. I just thank God I never got a DUI...God was looking over me for sure. I am on day 7 and not looking back!!!