Notices

I am one day sober... But I feel so sick.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome, I don't have much to add to the excellent advice already given except to support getting medical help for the detox. And don't mix alcohol and xanax.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good point about the alcohol and Xanax.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR rfmcg66

D
Old 04-26-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

To Jennifer, and the very best to you.
It will be the best thing you ever do.
The best thing you can do to get your daughter more in your life is to be the happiest Jennifer you can be. Listen to all the good advice and careful with the self-treating!
To Ready, Ru12, Joboo, rfmcg66, and Pocketpanda, Keep trying and hang in there.
I took about 6 months to get sober with regular AA mtgs and then had 2 years. Of course, I then stopped going to mtgs and relapsed on the first stress that came my way! It took me a year and a half to get back. Now 6 months sober and feeling great. I love AA and even though there are bumps in the road and this is hard at the beginning, it is soooooo much easier than drinking.
You learn so much along the way about yourself and if you change and grow and make sober connections and stick with it, you have a wonderful life ahead.

I would venture to say, you will be happier and saner than your non alcoholic friends and family.
Keep reading on here and don't feel like you have to test out all the disastrous mistakes yourselves. Take our word for it.

One thing, every moment of discomfort and longing for a drink is woefully hard, but there is no other way only through this. When you do get through it, do not put yourselves through it again and again. That is soul-destroying. Be kinder to yourself than that.

Lots of love and support from all of us.