Notices

Hi

Old 12-27-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm new here too, Camaro. Don't be scared. Instead, feel empowered and brave by taking alcohol out at the knees like you just did. Yep, you stabbed it in the back and let the cat out of the bag. Now you're ON! Congratulations.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome to SR! Keep reading and posting. There IS hope.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

How are you feeling today?

Be kind to yourself, you're doing a great thing.

<3
Old 12-28-2010, 05:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

As for the 12 steps, as long as you can "insert higher power of your choice" it will be fine. I still think the things they say are relevant, you are looking for strength and whether that's within or without or from the rock on the ground.

There's some people here who follow SMART recovery, you can ask about it in the Alcoholism forum as well as in Newcomers. There's a women's thread on here as well.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raindance View Post
How are you feeling today?

Be kind to yourself, you're doing a great thing.

<3
Well, I fell rested since I actually went to bed and didn't stay up drinking, its been about 29 hours without alcohol. I am going to my PCP (unrelated to my alcohol addiction), and I am going to try to put on my big girl panties and ask her if she has a list of meetings in the area of addiction meetings, because I must be doing something wrong searching because all I can find is in patient treatment.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Camaro
Welcome to SR. I am glad you got some sleep. It is one of the great benefits of sobriety. Once your body becomes rested you will feel physically and mentally better.
I discovered a book called Under The Influence by James R Milam. I think it is an excellent resource to use while you are in recovery. It explains alcohol and how it is a physiological, psychological and social problem.
I am very glad you are asking for help. You must have hope that there is a better way to live. Keep that hope and trust that life is better without alcohol.
Daytrader gave you the honest truth about where your addiction will take you. I had the same drinking pattern as you about ten years ago. I've been sober for 15 months and through hope, recovery, and knowing God in my life I was able to escape the life Daytrader described.
SH
Old 12-28-2010, 09:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Keep hanging in there Camaro!

I found a link for AA's "meeting finder" - I hope it's helpful:
Alcoholics Anonymous : How to Find A.A. Meetings