Notices

Not ready or willing

Old 12-27-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
din
~ still a believer ~

Its a series of changes.....................
but, You have to be "willing to go to any length"

for me, I found the tools and support I need in AA (and trust me when I say.......That was "THE LAST" place you would have found me)
I too am Grateful........I am grateful that I am "teach able, and that I am willing".
Hope you are to, when your time comes
Old 12-27-2010, 11:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hey guys, thank you for all your support and advice, i take it all to heart

im feeling a bit better today...and mentally stronger, most likely because im not drunk anymore lol but more positive too.

ive got some stuff to figure out obviously, and atleast i dont go back to work till the 5th so i have lots of time to spend on myself and trying to make some changes in my daily routines.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

wow Vanilla you sure got a lot of support

Keep posting here whatever! Look for support of some kind, peer to peer support I believe is most effective.

Kevin
Old 12-27-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I remember my first rather feeble attempt at this sobriety thing in 1984. But more of me still really wanted to use and drink than stay clean and sober I guess. I wasn't willing to do what it took. The thing others were doing who remained sober.

But even in 1987 when I decided to grow up and deal with life on life's terms, it sure wasn't easy. For about a year and a half, I whined in those rooms of AA how bad I physically felt.....how spiritually bankrupt I was.....how financially ruined I was.....how my co-workers showed me no respect.....how even my own wife couldn't care to show me any support in my recovery.

And this little old guy with lots of years of sobriety would raise his hand each time I would whine and say....

"THIS TOO SHALL PASS"

Well, finally....after that year and a half of 'awkward' sobriety, I began to share just a tad more uplifting.......how I began to feel a little better physically......how I now had a couple of dollars over lunch money......how my co-workers were beginning to ask me for suggestions.......and my wife even cooked dinner for me the other night!!

And that same little old guy would raise his hand and say......

"DON'T WORRY....THIS TOO SHALL PASS!"

Do not be discouraged!
Old 12-27-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ch5 HOW

Originally Posted by Vanilla28 View Post
hey all...hope everyone had a good xmas.

ive read lots of posts here of ppl who are forever relapsing (myself included) and have seen lots of replies about unless you are truly ready or accepted you cant drink again you will. i guess im in that boat...

no matter how hard i try at the time a day or two, i get it in my mind 'F' this. i want to drink so i will. i hate it, but it is what i do.

i did not survive xmas this year. have been drinking for the last 3 day, even now as i watch the movie "my name is bill w" how twisted is that?

i feel like dr jekly and mr hyde. i hate it, but i get to the point where i just dont care...cue rant number whatever it is im on now.

i come here all full of **** and vinigar about not drinking..then i come here like now..all sour.

dont even know why im posting anymore. everytime i do, it seems to be a lie.

Vanilla.
do you think you have more than the two options below?

If you are as seriously alcoholic as we were, we believe there is no middle-of-the-road solution. We were in a position where life was becoming impossible, and if we had passed into the region from which there is no return through human aid, we had but two alternatives: One was to go on to the bitter end, blotting out the consciousness of our intolerable situation as best we could; and the other, to accept spiritual help. This we did because we honestly wanted to, and were willing to make the effort.