Notices

I'm so sad/frustrated/depressed/ you name it

Old 12-23-2010, 11:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies everyone. It's just so frustrating, because I was trying to explain to him that I am "different" , that I can no longer drink normally, that I have progressed to being a full blown alcoholic. And he kept saying "that's bs, we've drank tons in the past, you've seen how bad I've gotten, and now look at me, I only drink beer and I'm fine"

The worst was when he said "If you think you're gonna relapse, go buy a case of beer instead of a bottle of vodka"

Not, give me a call. Not give someone a call. Just go out and get drunk anyways, because in his eyes a relapse is inevitable
Old 12-23-2010, 11:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah I would imagine it is time to cut this "friend" loose. If this is a friend..I shudder to think what your enemies are...
Old 12-23-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Northland.

So sorry to hear about your struggles. I am sure your friend does mean well and I am sure he is not trying to make the problem of alcoholism as a mind over matter type of thing. Like others here have said he just does not understand what is at stake in taking that first sip of that first drink.

I also have friends doing the same to me and it is a constant battle and they to just don't understand why I can not have 1 drink like the good old days.

Its what has kept me sober now all this time. I know for a fact that if I even taste that first sip of that first drink then I am done.

The thought of losing myself again to alcohol scares the hell out of me.

Send me a message if you need to talk to a local BC boy if your about to relapse I am almost in the same area code as you and have family in Oliver.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

He is wrong and his attitude is maddening. He's ignorant and arrogant. You deserve better. He is also jealous and wants to drag you back. Step away from that insanity!
Old 12-23-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The things that can cause us to relapse again are people, places and things. I think it's critical to avoid people we got drunk with.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

hahaha he just called me, he's in town, and I declined to go out with them because their only purpose was to get drunk tonight. He understood, which was good. So he calls me up, and goes "hey, I got a weird question for you. Know where to get any drugs?"

I swear to God, alcohol works in weird ways. He gives me crap for drinking over the weekend, and now he's on a 2 day binge, asking me where to buy drugs. It's like a cycle. if I'm not the one being the most f'ed up, someone close to me is. It's always near me, waiting to pounce
Old 12-24-2010, 12:03 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

It's around you, me and everyone else on this site. At some point the key to ruining our sobriety is right there. Some more than others. My neighbor's Christmas present, that I am giving him tomorrow, is in my kitchen. It's on the table. Big bottle of Bourbon.

Now...Bourbon was not my drink. I also got other alcohol in the house...that I'm not threatened by. If I was I'd dump it. If it was Vodka, my old horrible friend that poisoned me for years, I'd need to dump it. That I can't have here...at this stage in the journey anyway.

Point is...it is there to pounce on everyone. You gotta be strong. Stay away when you can. You did a great job of that by not goin out with your friend.

Get a support system. You can do this. It is up to you. Good luck and keep us posted.