Notices

Bad morning - Here's what I did to overcome it

Old 12-21-2010, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad morning - Here's what I did to overcome it

Ok, this sobriety thing is CRAZY! Talk about a roller coaster. The first few days I had no energy, basically laid around, went to meetings, napped, worked for a bit, napped at work, etc... Around day 12 I started to feel a lot better. Well, this morning I woke up and had zero energy. I was in a bad mood, headache, etc... For absolutely no reason.

Well for the first hour I laid around and waited for it to pass, but it didn't. So, here is what I did. I said a prayer to my higher power, and turned on my radio as loud as it will go with some good music and started cleaning my house. About 2 hours later, I feel pretty good. I cleaned the house, made dinner for tonight, got ready for work (early btw), basically just tried to do my responsibilities. That coupled with good (LOUD) music didn't allow me to sit and feel crappy. At one point, I was making spaggetti listening to George Straight and started getting teary eyed! Man, emotions, are crazy.

I feel like I am at war with myself. Everyday I have to be ready for cravings, emotions, anger, happiness, these are all new to me! Normally I'm so numb with booze in my body I never felt these feelings very often.

Oh well, off to a meeting, then work, then home (I'll probably flip the liquor store the bird as I pass it)! Have a good day everyone!

Old 12-21-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, reggie, you are so proactive! I am really impressed. Isn't it incredible how we can go from zero energy to full on house cleaning! Music is KEY! Good for you. Rock on.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

It will take a while for your body to adjust. Nice job. George Strait! you were listening to some good stuff. Old or new? Good luck and hang in there.