Notices

3 weeks in and failed

Old 12-02-2010, 12:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks in and failed

Hadnt taken any codeine based products in 3 weeks up untill 2 days ago and I toke tablets. THere's no excuse really for it, i knew my cravings were getting worse and just thought it would be ok.

THe next day i felt so terrible, physically and mentally messed up. It's the longest in a long time were I havent taken anything for more than a week and only now im realizing how messed up it makes me.

I could hardly keep my eyes open in work the following day and felt so depressed. I never really realized how much they effected my day to day life.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It never gets better, never 'ok' - no matter what the drug, Artifical.
Been there done that.

Think about that you can add this time, man - do something different.

Did you log on here enough? did you have any face to face support? Do you think it may be helpful to get some?
D
Old 12-02-2010, 12:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Forgive yourself, learn from it, try something different, and start over again.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Artificial, I am glad you are back and sharing. You have good support here and people who get it. I too didn't realize how drinking affected me....until I had a few sober months in and lost all of it in a few days bringing me to the darkest place I had ever been physically and mentally.

You need to pick up....dump out those pills and do it different. I found what I learned from my relapse was that going it solo didn't work for me. I came back to SR (as you can see I am still here) and I added face to face support.

What you know is that you can quit....but now you need to fine tune your recovery....how to live life without the pills. You can do it and I can say enough how much SR has been invaluable in my recovery.

Everyone with days or years of recovery all started with a Day 1. Let today be yours. I am sure grateful and blessed that I did and yes we can start anew.

Looking forward to the journey!