Notices

Quitting last week saved my life tonight

Old 12-02-2010, 08:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewMe11109 View Post
I've heard of higher powers sending us messages, but that was pretty blunt!

Glad everyone is ok.
I know. I know!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by opivotal View Post
WOW! I'm with dgillz on this one. I so glad your alright. I hope you NEVER forget the gift you were given. Someone has plans for you!

No, I won't forget. I woke up this morning to the patio all disarrayed, backyard exposed to the public - since the fence was obliterated.

I think 12 Steps will help me remain grateful. The old me would not only relapse with drinking but also with gratefulness.

One day at a time.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Divine Intervention ya' think?

when you rebuild your patio/ backyard area, it will be fresh and new with no old *things* to remind you what you spent time doing out there. A fresh start...for both you and kitty (who is sooo beautiful too).

congrats on quitting and staying committed, keep posting.
I'm blessed. Period.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pattyspaw View Post
wow, I'm glad you're more than okay; it's a sign that you are on the right track

Thanks! I am Okay!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Divine Intervention ya' think?

when you rebuild your patio/ backyard area, it will be fresh and new with no old *things* to remind you what you spent time doing out there. A fresh start...for both you and kitty (who is sooo beautiful too).

congrats on quitting and staying committed, keep posting.
Thanks Fandy! Yes, I see what you mean. This patio is my new house patio. But it is really all the same because if i hadnt quit drinking then this patio would've been used no differently than my last patio.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sarah78 View Post
Wow! glad you quit last week! Now you can see just how positively impacting eliminating alcohol from your life can really be ;D

glad your o.k

Sarah
Old 12-02-2010, 01:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

God is REAL!!
Old 12-02-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Whooooo! That was a close call. So glad you didn't wind up under a moving vehicle. I hope that never happens again. Is your patio in close proximity to the road? I would still sit out there, but I think I would sit facing the traffic, just incase. I'm so happy your alright. It's hard enough to kick an addiction. It's much worse doing it banged up in a hospital bed, with injuries. I'm sure glad that didn't happen to you.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
Whooooo! That was a close call. So glad you didn't wind up under a moving vehicle. I hope that never happens again. Is your patio in close proximity to the road? I would still sit out there, but I think I would sit facing the traffic, just incase. I'm so happy your alright. It's hard enough to kick an addiction. It's much worse doing it banged up in a hospital bed, with injuries. I'm sure glad that didn't happen to you.
Yes our new appartment house faces a parking lot so the porch faces the handicap parking stall along with all the other parking spaces. The parking spaces are 4.5 feet from out patio.

needless to say, had i been drunk i would not have had enough response time to move out of the way. i wouldve just watched it do its thing.

All is good now!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Totally Amazing!

A huge congrats on your sober time. And, it would be pretty hard not to take your HP seriously!