Notices

Keep it simple; easy does it-THIS REALLY WORKS!

Old 11-19-2010, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keep it simple; easy does it-THIS REALLY WORKS!

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well. I haven't been able to post for a while, but things are still going well.

Over the past couple of months, a lot of stuff has happened to me-some good, some really bad. But that's life! Thanks to everyone here, and my tools of sobriety I have been able to live life on life's terms.

Over the past couple of months, I mentioned I had a lot of good and bad things happen. At this point, I have over 300 days of sobriety and that pink cloud everyone talks about in early recovery has gone. But, the actions of keeping it simple and making sure 1st things are first really have helped me out.

I think that putting my sobriety first every day is what has kept me going. Even though days are good and bad, as long as I give my sobriety that time and effort, it all works out in the end. Some of my hardest challenges came on days when I was feeling the best...easy times to slip up. But, keeping it simple and making sobriety my priority carried me through.

I try and go through each day and remember the following and I think its really helpful:

1. Even though today is going to be good or bad, just remember-1 day at a time, or one minute at a time if that's what it takes. (Even after 300 days of sobriety-this one still keeps me going!)

2. Gratitude-if I am not happy for where I am in life and thankful for all the good things I have through other peoples caring, insights, advice etc...then I am not having a good day. I guess even on bad days, my gratitude comes through from look at the bright side and putting things in perspective-keeping it simple!

3. That I am ok being me as I am-whether perfect or not. I realized that taking part in challenges and goals is what counts-not the outcome always. Even though things may not happen as planned, I take pride in taking the challenge-that's what counts.

Those 3 things help me so much. Its amazing to me that sobriety seemed so hard and complicated at the beginning, and I am not minimizing it in any way, but saying that in the long run-its the simple basic things that last, and keep us going.

Hope everyone's doing great, and hope you all have a good day. Thanks for being here.

All the best
Old 11-19-2010, 07:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HIgby442 View Post
I think that putting my sobriety first every day is what has kept me going. Even though days are good and bad, as long as I give my sobriety that time and effort, it all works out in the end. Some of my hardest challenges came on days when I was feeling the best...easy times to slip up. But, keeping it simple and making sobriety my priority carried me through.
Nice. Congratulations.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey man. I agree that 'keeping it simple' is so important. I know that I place my recovery as No1 priority in my life on a daily basis. Without my recovery then I would lose everything anyway. Things have a habit of working out in the end as long as we play our part ie- stay sober a day at a time and have honest intentions.

peace
Old 11-19-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Woah, great great post Congrats on having over 300 days.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Couldn't agree more.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A lot of days I just tell myself I only have to do one thing for the day....not drink. if I accomplish that, anything else I happen to accomplish is gravy.

I agree, it is easy to overwhelm yourself at times.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Awesome on the 300 days! I agree to keep it simple.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Well done!!!

I to keep it simple, 1 day, 1 hour or just that minute, I thank my HP and try to be gratefull for what i have and not wish for what i want.
Thankyou for your post
Old 11-19-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post, and congratulations!
Old 11-19-2010, 04:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Thanks for the post - I never get tired of hearing "Easy Does It" or "Keep It Simple"...... Having a bunch of stress right now, so your post helped!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks here too. So many ways, so few days.