Notices

Syptoms of Recovery?

Old 11-15-2010, 11:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Syptoms of Recovery?

Hi all, new to this,

I am having some syptoms which I am wondering if anyone is experienced. Very interested in your thoughts. Little background, I have been drinking on weekends (4 to 6 drinks/2x/wk) for almost 20 years. I began drinking more heavily about 10 years ago. 3 to 4 drinks per day, and then heavily for about 2 to 3 years, ave. 3 to 6 drinks per day. Last year I backed off to 3ish drinks per day with an occasional bender. So take that for what it is, heavy, but not super heavy drinker.

I began having tingling in my arms and legs, and occasionally would get "shivering" like symptoms. So I have stopped drinking about 1 month ago. When I get really busy or tired, I have an increase in both tingling and shivering. The pins and needles appear to be common in recovery but I have not heard too much talk about tremors. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this.

I did see my doctor, who seems to think this is anxiety and wants me on beta blockers. Interested in anyones experience. thanks in advance
Old 11-15-2010, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Well the only time I ever got tremors was the morning after a binge. I have severe anxiety thats never taken the form of pins and needles, but I have heard a huge range of physical reactions to anxiety by others.
I'm sure this didn't help any, but wanted to give you some support anyway
Old 11-15-2010, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you saw your doctor on your symptoms. Since you are in early sobriety it is a good idea to continue to stay in touch with your doctor. I had blood pressure problems for quite some time before it got under control. I did not have the symptoms you describe at one month sobriety. Best to let your doctor advise.

Welcome to SR!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 11-15-2010, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never had anything like that from drinking or anxiety, I'm afraid.
I'm glad you're seeing your doctor jt - let us know what happens

Welcome to SR

D
Old 11-15-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the responses. I am going to a different doctor tomorrow for another opinion.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good call on the 2nd opinion. Hopefully this one will have some different insights. Please be sure to be honest about you alcohol consumption.

Also, how much alcohol did you put in a drink? A drink is considered a shot glass, or a glass of wine or a 12 oz beer. When I drank whiskey and coke I would easily put 5 oz of liquor - more than 3 drinks - in one of my drinks.