Notices

Day 2 not good

Old 10-28-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Deak,
A little Freudian slip? "like a BEER in hibernation" Ha!!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for your support and advice.

Well done making it 17 days. Like you, I wn't be going back to the booze. I've got too much to lose. I've accepted that the early days are going to be rough and I've just got to get on with it.

I remember feeling fantastic when I quit the last time - still don't know why I started drinking again. Silly, silly me

C
Old 10-28-2010, 07:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I dry heaved on day 2 - panic attacks on days 2 and 4. Day 5 was better - drank lots of water and soda water as a substitute (had been a beer drinker, so liked the carbonation). There is no way around the first few days, we all just have to deal.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Chan. It gets easier from here on out. Day 23 here and feeling wonderful. I never imagined that I could feel this good when waking up at 6:30am.

The first week was bad for me, but it got a lot better from there. It is a constant reminder that I never want to go there again.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I don't recall dry heaving last time I quit so was a bit of a shock to the system when it happened. It only last for a few minutes so it's no biggie.

I'm drinking lots of herbal teas. Never realised how disgusting some of them are lol.

I haven't had any panic attacks yet but I'm feeling incredibly anxious. I totally agree we just have to deal with it

C
Old 10-28-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Noho

23 days, well done you. I'm trying to see all the heaving, sweating etc as good thing as they keep me mentally strong. Never going through this again!

I'm sitting here shaking, covered in hives and my face is bloated all because I started drinking again. I've been silly but I'm learning from my actions so it's all good
Old 10-28-2010, 08:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Just FYI, I've read (and talked to my doc) quite a bit over the years about what alcohol does to sleep patterns. When we were drinking, many of us never "fell asleep" normally. I for one always more or less passed out. Over time, this can disrupt our natural ability to fall and stay asleep. Most of the time, this only will last for a few months of sobriety before our bodies re-adapt.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Exactly, that is too funny, didnt even realize, shows you how my brain still works.

Originally Posted by Hollyanne View Post
Deak,
A little Freudian slip? "like a BEER in hibernation" Ha!!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hang in there. I am in the same boat. I am on day 5. The first few days were wretched. Somebody once said "Well the first days are the hardest days. Don't you worry anymore".