Notices

almost did it

Old 10-14-2010, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

almost did it

Had lunch with one of my drinking girlfriends today. After she dropped me off at work all I wanted to do was get off work and have some beers with friends. I kept telling my self you don't have a problem maybe I should just try it and see what happens. Its ok to drink u just don't need to drink the world dry everynight,etc,etc, etc. If they would of called or stopped I would of been done.
I am feeling better today not so tired.

Really hoping I can make it thur the weekend
Old 10-14-2010, 06:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fighttowin View Post
Had lunch with one of my drinking girlfriends today. After she dropped me off at work all I wanted to do was get off work and have some beers with friends. I kept telling my self you don't have a problem maybe I should just try it and see what happens. Its ok to drink u just don't need to drink the world dry everynight,etc,etc, etc. If they would of called or stopped I would of been done.
I am feeling better today not so tired.

Really hoping I can make it thur the weekend
It's you're addict voice talking. How about instead of "I want a beer" substitute "IT wants a beer" 'it" being your addiction. Well tough **** for it! Also these thoughts and urges will pass just don't give in and give it time.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Sometimes early sobriety really is one moment at a time.

Take it easy. Take it slow. Deeeeeep Breaths! And, come to SR a lot.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's really important to follow those kind of thoughts through and look back over your drinking history and remember the disasters, FTW.

Focus on the reasons why you're here and why you want to quit.

I'm glad you're working through the thoughts

D
Old 10-15-2010, 02:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

FTW - Glad you shared.

I know that teetering on the fence only goes for so long. I would suggest doing more work on building strength in your sobriety. Maybe add something or do something a bit different.

Great job on seeing it through and I think this can be a great learning experience for you.

Keep it going!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've had this recently too. The thoughts, I have a list I replay in my head and read,that tells me why I chose to stop drinking. I know that I just can't have 1,2,3,4, because I want to get drunk, it might not happen the first time but I will get out of control eventually. I also agree with coming to SR, and seeing others who are feeling the same way, it makes me not feel like I'm alone.
Weekends are tough for me too .I will keep you in my thoughts.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I think that remembering that the 'addict voice' is your enemy and it's trying to keep you hooked. Recognize it for what it is, and then let it go.