Groovy Dancer

Good to hear form you Snarf!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

WB snarf,

and the snarf update
Old 10-12-2010, 03:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So great to read Snarf! Glad you that is all behind you now.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
I think I was the only guilty person in my pod of 130 people.
Thats funny, Thats how I felt my last time I was locked up. Accountibility works wonders for sobriety. Welcome back.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
Hey family. I'm back on the comfort of my couch. I much prefer it to a steel bench or plastic chair. I was given a 10-day sentence for DUI #2, which was shortened to 5 because the jail does 2-for-1 for misdemeanors. My 5 actually ended up being about 3.5. I turned myself in at 8:30pm Thursday, thinking I would get out around 10:30am Tuesday (since I had already been in jail 10 hours after my arrest). Turns out, Thursday 8:30pm-12am counted as a whole day, and today counted as day 5, and I got out at 5:30am!

It wasn't altogether unbearable. I had Bible study, church service, took my Big Book, 12 Steps & 12 Traditions, Bible, and World Lit book, and some cigarettes. Shot some hoops and watched the Falcons game. Ate crappy food and slept on a fairly comfortable mattress in a cell with 2 other rather polite, entertaining and helpful individuals. And I ran into a friend from many years back, who is still friends with some people I know, and he's having lots of trouble with an addiction to prescription pills. I told him I would do everything I can to help him kick it, and he's already started since he can't get them in jail. Hopefully he'll be out soon and will be open to a recovery program, which I think he is because I shared my story with him and I think he wants my help on the outside. I believe that's a great blessing that God gave to me, an opportunity to use this situation to re-connect and help a friend.

Thank you all for your support, friendship, guidance and strength. I love you guys and am so happy to be back!
It's because of the honesty and fluency of people like you that I know I can battle this. Thank you my friend and God bless.