Notices

Two years without a drink...

Old 10-04-2010, 09:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SR Fan

FANTASTIC!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on 2 years!!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

awesome dude, congrats! The Slave HAS become the Master
Old 10-04-2010, 10:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Way to go on 2 years!!! I remember when you first came here...you've come a long way

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-05-2010, 02:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 10-05-2010, 04:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great to see you here, and awesome on your 2 years!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:41 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Thanks for all the kind replies, really does mean a lot to me.

If anyone had told me that I would spend some portion of my two year anniversary day in a bar, I would have said they were crazy but that's EXACTLY what happened yesterday.

Here's how:

I planned last week to meet a neighbor in a local pizza parlor with some of his other friends for Monday Night Football. The meeting time was 8:30pm and I was there early, a small local pizza shop with a TV and no liquor license, just soda. Well I waited there and when he did not show up, I called him, turns out I was at the wrong place so he tries to tell me where he and his friends are, and I halfheartedly go try to find it, but can't because it's dark and I have no idea where it is and I'm annoyed and hungry, anyway I give up and just go to another local sub shop where I proceed to eat a sub, a salad, a pizza and a soda while watching the first half (a very slow half) of the game all alone, happy as a clam actually. I text him and told him to have fun that I was not gonna meet up with him. He was like, where are you, I will come get you, I told him no, I'm eating, forget it. For me, the night out was over I was gonna finish up, and go home watch the rest of the game on my couch.

Well, he shows up where I am (because we were actually very close) and wants me to go with him (he's really a very nice guy, a family man) I relent and we go to the bar/pizza place he and his buddies are at watching the game. At this point I have already eaten, don't drink (obviously) and now I'm at a bar table with one person I know (who knows I don't drink), two I don't know (who don't know me at all other than what my friend may have told them about me?) and a bar full of rowdy football fans. Beer is flowing out of the taps like crazy, it smells like a pub in there, and every five minutes we score again and the place erupts! Fun to see my team win and celebrate with fans. The waitress seems surprised that anyone (me) would order a water. I keep thinking to myself, this is your two year anniversary and somehow you are in a bar, it's surreal to me because I know that a part of me put myself there, but at the same time there were clearly outside forces at work as well, just a strange conspiracy of circumstances but there I was in a bar on my two year anniversary of quitting drinking.

Needless to say (or, is it?)...I did not drink.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!!!!! you are truly an inspiration!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Great on 2 years. Encouraging to hear. I'm sure you are very proud - good work!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Well done, my friend