Notices

What Recovery Has Done For Me.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking What Recovery Has Done For Me.

Today marks my 148th day of continous sobriety, just a few days shy from my 5 month mark. Its incredible to compare my life to the way it was just 149 days ago... lets go back shall we...

April 25, 2010
Jobless and with a possession arrest my life revolved around getting loaded and staying loaded. The last hit I was all by myself feeling ashamed and resentful... who did they think they were for taking my drugs and alcohol away! I was just having fun. In hindsight, that day was my rock bottom, I was emotionally empty with nothing going for me. So mad at the stupid cops for f u c k i n up my fun...didnt they know who I was? So ashamed because I never thought I would be in trouble with the law.

Later that night, my parents destroyed all my pipes and drugs...I had a breakdown...I slit my wrist and tried to walk to God knows where... I knew I needed help...

April 26, 2010
My sobriety date. The day when I started this new life...

Withdrawl was horrible, something I am very much looking forward to NEVER having to go through again. I had to learn how to do everything again...sober. And one day at a time I have been. Im still relearning many things but they all come in due time.

I decided to write this today because I needed a break from homework. Yeah, this girl is in school fulltime and doing quite well for the first time in years thanks to sobriety. I can organize myself and help my brother with his homework too. Im a dependable person today...

Sometimes I look in the mirror and I honestly dont know who I am but I'm excited to find out.

To those newer than me, yes it sucks in the begining. But anything worth having is never easy. Plus, itll be an incentive to stay sober. . Like someone told me, "In sobriety I dont have bad days, just bad moments." So true.

Ps. Those cops that I cursed at 5 months ago unbeknownst to them or me, truely saved my life.

Thank guys!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nica...way to go girl and thx for sharing. You know from all our chats I truly admire you for I am so proud to see how well you are doing on this amazing journey.

Sobriety is about relearning. Its about living positively and find constructive ways of handling the ups/downs that life will always give us.

I have had so many challenging things happen in my early sobriety that I attribute my sobriety to being able to handle all of it....to rise from it and to use it to strengthen my self-esteem. I turn negatives into positives if that makes sense

I also agree with now being a dependable person as sobriety. I am a better person.

Huggs Nica. Well done!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

awwww kim! your amazing! thank you for responding. you are so awesome. and gonna be an awesome mom to "my" baby
Old 09-21-2010, 02:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations NicaChic

D
Old 09-21-2010, 03:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you, m'dear!! And what a great model you are for your brother now...
Old 09-21-2010, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats Nica! Thanks for sharing your journey so far. Well done.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your better new life! Living sober really does rock!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats, Nica!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good stuff, Nica. It is an amazing journey, isn't it?

I was very impressed by a fellow in early recovery who actually sought out the police officers who arrested him (DUI) to thank them for saving his life. Talk about gratitude!!!

blessings
zenbear
Old 09-21-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

awesome Job Nica ... I too hated the cops for what they had caused me ( is what i said then ) but in the end I was so greatful that , they did there job and for that .. they helped me get myself back .. huggles Endzy
Old 09-21-2010, 05:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nica,

I'm so happy to hear your life is back on track. Congratulations! :ghug3