Notices

I am back..desperately committed to quitting for good

Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am back..desperately committed to quitting for good

Hi everyone,
I just finished reading my past threads and am trying to not hang my head in shame.

I have spiralled out of control and have come to the realization that I must quit before my body does.

I am strong in my conviction and will be sharing and contributing on this site daily.

Day two....
Old 08-30-2010, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello, IMT. . .nice to "meet" you, and welcome back. Good for you for steeling your resolve and committment to quitting. It is never easy to come back and start over. . .

but remember, you are not starting over. The sober time you had, no one can take away. Learn from it. . .what made you go back out? What are you going to do differently this time?

Stay strong, and congrats on day 2!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know you are restarting ...

All my best as you begin again
Do you have a plan?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you are back and trying again.

Never give up!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks aehmnm,
I had 5 years sober in the past and the past 3 years have lost my brother, nephew, close friend and many other acqaintances and have been numbing my pain. I lost my mom 25 years ago and my dad 14 years ago. I am only 46 to have gone through so many losses and I drink to numb.

I hope having the memory of those glorious five years behind me will help this time. I have been bingeing, so the weekdays aren't an issue, it's the weekends that will be a challenge at first. But, I want (need) this sooooo bad, I feel my mental and physical health are being jeopardized.

IMT
Old 08-30-2010, 09:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Welcome back. I wish you the best!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! Glad you're trying again. I relapsed over and over in my first couple years after deciding to stop drinking. I finally 'got it' and now have nearly nine months, so if I can do it, so can you!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, feeling very optimistic and so very happy to be back.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Itsmytime
Whats your plan now?

D
Old 08-30-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So glad you're back. I was sober for seven years, then relapsed and binged again for 13 years. Then sober now for nearly 22. Like you I drank on weekends. I also did it to "numb"- at least that's what I was telling myself.I found lots of things to numb over. Deaths in the family, problems with adolescent kids. You name it! Actually I think it was my body telling my mind a lot of b.s.
So, as they say, you aren't really starting over. Just picking up the pieces and getting back in the program. Hopefully this time for good! Every good wish.

W.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi IMT:

My DOC is opiates, not alcohol. I can soooo relate to that using, not using, using, not using world we are in. I have a little over seven months under my feet AGAIN of being off the meds. I would LOVE to be able to take just one pill, like your one drink. But I know just one would NEVER be enough to stop with.

If I took just one pill, it would be like starting a fire and watching it spread from here to yonder, because I'd be in a craze to get more and more for the need my body would crave. The same is for you in your drinking.

It sounds like you have your body and mind on a time clock. You're trained to drink on the weekends. So what are you training for this coming weekend?

I wish you well and good luck with not picking up another one!

TOD
Old 08-31-2010, 06:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am planning to stay really busy and responsible this weekend. Taking my oldest back to University and my other to get his school supplies. I plan on resting and working out, I haven't worked out in 3 weeks

I have no desire whatsoever to inbibe, I think it is really going to stick this time. I am stocking up on all my favourite non alc drinks and healthy food.

I am feeling some residual anxiety from Saturday night, but trying to not think about it as that is always a trigger for me. So my major plan is to live in the moment and forgive myself for the past.

Thanks everyone,
IMT