Notices

Tired of this. Day 1 again.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You are all so kind. I am glad I found this place. I feel so empty today. The UPS driver has been repeatedly driving by today and I feel like a worthless P.O.S.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back
Old 08-25-2010, 02:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

**********************{stellaloella}}}}}}}}}}

I well remember those days. I is terribly painful and it feels like it will never get better. But it can get better. I am so glad you are back. I know if I had not found SR 7 yrs ago I would not have made it. I couldn't even leave my house when I first started posting here. It was awful, and I fell down lot! But it only matters that you stand back up.

Keep posting. Sending warmest hugs ever your way...
Old 08-25-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Don't beat yourself up! I too had 23 days in June and then lost it. I am only on Day2 and already feel better. You can't change yesterday but you can change today! So hang in there with me..

Xo-Beth
Old 08-25-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Stella,

I'm on day 1 (yet again) & can totally relate to how you're feeling. The anxiety and lack of self-respect can be pretty overwhelming

During my time on SR (mostly lurking), I've read a lot of very useful and wise posts from people who have managed to quit drinking. I don't want to have another day 1 ever again, so when I feel tempted to drink, I'm going to focus on 2 bits of advice I've seen on here quite often A) you don't ever have to have another day 1 again B) no matter what, don't pick up that first drink

Anyhow, I hope you feel better soon.

-Lola
Old 08-25-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back to you too Lola

D
Old 08-25-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lolajames View Post
Hi Stella,

I'm on day 1 (yet again) & can totally relate to how you're feeling. The anxiety and lack of self-respect can be pretty overwhelming

During my time on SR (mostly lurking), I've read a lot of very useful and wise posts from people who have managed to quit drinking. I don't want to have another day 1 ever again, so when I feel tempted to drink, I'm going to focus on 2 bits of advice I've seen on here quite often A) you don't ever have to have another day 1 again B) no matter what, don't pick up that first drink

Anyhow, I hope you feel better soon.

-Lola
YOU CAN DO IT!!! Keep your chin up!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Stella! Aren't these nice folks on this forum! Stay with us and they'll give you lots of support. You mention getting a "buzz". I'll bet that as your addiction progresses, you don't really get the "buzz" you used to get but now drink mainly to try to feel "normal". But what a price you pay in hangovers, etc. and all the stuff that goes with it. If you manage to hang in there and achieve sobriety you'll feel "normal" like you've never felt before. Happy normal. You can do it! Every good wish.