Notices

Day 2

Old 08-20-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Work is done and the temptation to drink is here as it always is at this time of day. For some reason the end of the day + empty stomach=craving for alcohol. Being able to share this with you helps fight the temptation.

I'm going for a jog instead!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

that certainly is a good idea...and the endorphines (sp) will kick up your mood. i really enjoy the good weather when i walk my little dog.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Never made my jog. Worked out some songs on the guitar and ate supper instead. Usually at this time of night I'd be nursing my bourbon and cokes, and gearing up for big late night meal. NOT TONIGHT! Day 2 ends on a sober note. ASHLEIGH, you're right, after day 2 is 3, and I'll just do it again. FANDY, thanks for the advice.

EREM, WILABLE AND JENN--DAY 2 IS ALMOST OVER..LET'S DO IT AGAIN TOMORROW!!
Old 08-20-2010, 05:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by keithj View Post
Not really, Lexiecat. That's how many non-alcoholics in AA get those 10 yr chips. Alkies who try that generally return to drinking in 2-3 weeks, or months, or even a year or two.

I get what you're saying; long term sobriety is made up of a bunch of days going to bed sober.

But look at Chip and Jenn. They both have a bunch of experience of doing exactly what they are doing today, exactly what they are being encouraged to do, and returning to drinking in 2-3 weeks.

And what are we telling them? 'Oh yeah, do that, that leads to long term sobriety, that works great,' when all of their own past experience tells them it doesn't work at all.

The alcoholics that pick up those 10 year chips have one thing in common. They have followed the path thoroughly. That means taking the 12 Steps and continuing to live by those spiritual principles.
You're right, of course--though Chip and Jenn posted about their histories after my quick "attaboy," which was meant more along the lines of "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...."

Thanks for elaborating.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I appreciate your support LexiCat!!! And I fully understood what you meant in spite the other post. Many thanks.