Notices

I drank some beer yesterday

Old 08-16-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hey Tex - just think where you'd be if you had never gotten sober at all. You have something to build on - you went brain dead for a day, but some people never make it to this forum at all, much less come right back after drinking 3 beers.

I commend you for posting - it's helped my sobriety today.:ghug3
Old 08-16-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You are not the first person around here to slip! Way to go on stopping after 3 beers and pouring the rest out. I know people who have slipped and it took them weeks if not months to stop. You stopped after 3 beers. As you know the guilt and shame can be awful, but anaylze what happened to you and learn from it.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Tex...I know how you feel. I went 42 days and felt on top of the world. I recently got a new job and felt I "needed" to celebrate so I bought a 12 pack of beer. 4 days later and more beer I feel like crap.

It's a learning experience. I know what it is to feel "normal" and I know now what it is to be a drunk. I'm looking at this as a learning experience too.

I never realize how I stopped experiencing life until this past week. Being sober for the days I was were amazing. I want that back and it gives me something to work for. There is so much out there that you can't experience as a drunk. I don't want to be one anymore. I want to live.

It's a learning experience and THIS WILL MAKE me stronger.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Tex, thank you so much for your brave and honest post. It helped me today when I was a bit tempted to drink to read about how your slip made you feel. I know I would feel the same way, and that glimpse into the future helped me to resist the temptation to drink because I knew I would regret it afterwards. I am glad you got right back on the wagon so to speak and it sounds like you learned a good lesson (and you were able to share it with us too)
Old 08-16-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back JennyMac

D
Old 08-16-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I did the same thing, after 2 days. While I look at what I did as a complete failure, I feel that not waking up and repeating (only worse), is also a success. I slipped up, but I didn't fall into the trap. So in the end, I was OK. But I gotta watch those slip-ups, becuase one of these times they are going to lead right back where I started, no matter how badly I don't want to do there.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back JennyMac

D
Thank you Dee!......everyone here is an inspiration and I never feel that I'm judged. I just get the help I need to make me a better person.

Dee...you rock.