Notices

A Basic Shower

Old 08-15-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I had to go to detox to quit this last time. I could not quit. No shower. No shave. I was shakin in the mornin and needed the hair of the dog. If my sister had not called the cops and have em checl on me I may not be here today. It is not that I did not want to stop. I was not in conrol my drunk brain was and a drunk brain does not make sane decisions. Thank God I decided no to lusrk here anymore and now I participate. I have been through treatment a few times. Meetings and therapy. Nothing seemed to stick for more than a year. One of the turning points I think is that I finally realized I was not invincible, I finally realize that if I drink again I will truly die. I like myself way too much for me to let it happen.............Like everybody said the shower thing is very small..............Being sober and staying sober is what you are truly looking for and this forum can be a step.............climb the steps and there is a BIG reward............Damn I coulda been a preacher.........LOL............Hope ya find your way