Notices

Confession

Old 08-10-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm with Switchboard...you are on day 112 minus 1...but that's just my opinion:-)

And you should be proud of yourself for admitting it happened, that takes something!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I don't mean to diminish in ANY way the accomplishment of your 110 days--I'm sure you learned some things that will help you to stay on track from here out.

I do disagree with thinking of this as "day 112 minus one". Counting days isn't the goal, here, but it is important, in my opinion, to be honest with ourselves about where we are at with our sobriety. And a slip, for me, would be a reset. It doesn't diminish the value of the 110 sober days, but it's an honest admission that something went amiss with that run.

Of course, you are free to think of it in whatever way is most helpful for you. Just my own opinion, here.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I wouldn't be disappointed, those 110 days have hopefully taught you a valuable lesson...i did 150 then drank...taught me i could not fix the problem by myself and i looked for face to face help and someone who had done what i was trying to do and followed their lead...kind of like giving up trying to re-invent the wheel...

AA does have a solution to be able to lead a free and happy life...maybe give it a go when you are ready:-)
Old 08-10-2010, 03:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Ang.

I relapsed many a time thinking I was cured (yet how insane is it we went right back to the bottle? if we were *really* cured we would drink a nice cuppa tea or something )
You can never underestimate this thing.

I also drank again cos I was uncomfortable in my own company. I think you may have touched on something there.

I needed to be comfortable with myself and who I was as a sober person to stay sober - that takes a lot of work.

Don't be discouraged - you know way more than you did 110 days ago.
Get back on the right road

D
Old 08-10-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Hey, I'm sorry for the slip. You just get right back in the saddle, and giddyup back into sobriety. You know what to do.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't be discouraged - you know way more than you did 110 days ago

I agree. So... forgive yourself, learn from it, and move forward again. I relapsed over and over but here I am at many months now when for the longest time I couldn't get too many weeks in a row.

YOu did it before and you can do it again. I believe in you.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Have taken the day off work today to spend time with myself. Feel rly **** about drinking the other day but havent done today so far lol
Old 08-11-2010, 04:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I relapsed after 3 years sober, yep I am annoyed with myself, but I feel better for knowing that I stopped for 3 years and so I know I can do it again, hopefully this time for life. I am 10 days sober now and enjoying each day more.

We cannot turn back the clock, we did what we did no use beating ourselves up about it, concentrate on the 110 days sober, instead of the 1 day drunk, stick that 1 day in a box and chuck it out with the trash.

Best of luck hun, no one is disappointed with you here.

Suzie x