Notices

Feeling very hAlt

Old 08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Feeling very hAlt

My husband is being a serious jerk. He's pissed that someone hit our car, and he's taking it out on me. I have to go to work in a few, which is a big enough trigger by itself, especially since it was always my habit to have a drink or two at work. I'm feeling on edge. Just wanted to vent.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Where do you work that you drink while your work? Maybe that is something that needs changing.

I'm sorry your husband is upsetting you.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I work at a restaurant with a full bar. My schedule only allows for me to work friday nite, sat nite, and sunday. Sometimes I have to take off saturday. I have tried and no one will hire me with such a small availability... not when everywhere else has stacks of applications with people who have a wide open availability. My family depends on this income... without it we have no electricity/groceries.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nothing is provocation enough for you to drink, if you don't want to Aurora.
You hold all the cards here

Drop us an update later
D
Old 08-06-2010, 03:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

if you drink, you empower him. Don't let anybody tell you how you can feel. Look inside and do not drink, it will even make it worse.
I learned, people can do and say tons of things, they do not matter, the only thing that matters is you and how you choose to react. And drinking will only get you hungover with a headache and more guilt.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Nobody can make you drink but you.

Nobody can keep you sober but you.

You are doing the right thing, by posting here instead of just letting it eat you up inside. Take some deep breaths, mentally let go of your husband's free-floating anger. He can deal with the car, YOU deal with your sobriety.

Have a good evening at work. Get yourself a little dessert or something on your break.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Anger is such a strong emotion (look what angry people do to each other!)....
The good news is that it will dissipate over time. Give yourself a chance to recover from it and then decide if you need to deal with it further. It's unfortunate that we humans usually take our frustration out on people we love. Just don't take any abuse, OK?

And stay sober! What would really be great is if you could dismiss his behavior as "his problem" (like Lexie said - let him deal with the car), and keep yourself positive. Hugs going out to you!
Old 08-07-2010, 02:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sry to hear about this tough time but I got sober when I stopped using things as an excuse to drink. The challenges are there in sobriety but you must find and learn new ways to deal with these rough patches.

One of my beliefs which is helping me is loving myself and knowing that I will do whatever it takes to guard my sobriety. Not one person is worth it but me and I won't sacrifice what I have worked so hard for.

Hang in there and stay strong. Walk out the house to cool your head. You don't need to take his anger especially if you find it a trigger.

Thinking of you.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

hungry? eat
angry? deep breaths, pray
lonely? call somebody, go to a meeting
tired? rest
Old 08-07-2010, 07:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks to all for the great support and words of wisdom here. I wish I could have read this yesterday before I got to work, not sure if it would have made a difference, things didn't go well but I can only blame myself.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep workin, it WILL work