Notices

pat on shoulder

Old 08-04-2010, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face pat on shoulder

well most of you know my mom had kidney failure. After this she got an infection and has also anemia. I struggled not to drink, especially since my exbf was such an ******* this day. So 2days my roomate had tooth pain and kept complaining, I thought oh well I could deal with this and arranged fro a dental appointment. While driving to the dentist my service engine soon light went on. As if it was not enough my boss emailed me the same day that he wanted to talk to me about my evaluation. Cringe.... I fought the urge to drink succesfully and it turned out: roomate had root canal done, car, instead fo a $ 500 repair the tank cap was loose and my boss congratulated me for a job well done. I went home today feeling like celebrating and instead of taking wine, I went for a big cone of ice cream. So here I am being fully satisfied. Life is good. Thanks SR.

What helped me not to drink, playing the tape forward.... Wohoo to 48 days sober. If I can do it you all can do it too.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow, I love that!

If a couple of things are going wrong in my life, I can usually keep my head up. But, add in one more and my attitude starts to become 'Well, this is how it is then, nothing works out'. That's when I have to step outside of my head and recognize that things can turn around on a dime.

Good for you!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

what a great post SASA - thanks

D
Old 08-04-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Awesome!